ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Rejected (Urgent need to send it for Review)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shooter008
Newly Registered

HSMP Rejected (Urgent need to send it for Review)

Post by shooter008 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:23 am

Hello All,

Yesterday I received all of my documents safely after 3 long months.
I applied with 75 points 30 for qualification and 45 for earnings
Points received were 30 for education.

I supplied following documents as evidence

1. pay slips from Aug 2006 to July 2007
Consolidated on 2 papers, with all breakup include gross and net salary
both the salary statements are singed and stamped by both the employers I worked for

For employer One I provide salary statements from June 2006 to May 2007 on 2 papers (singned and stamped)
For employer two I provide salary slips for month of June and July 2007 (singned and stamped)

As my salary deposited to the bank directly I do not receive any original pay slips.

2. ITR2
3. Bank statements from Aug 2006 to July 2007
4. Original Degree certificate
5. I16

I got the letter formats mentioned in the sticky,
1. Cover letter
2. Past earnings that explains why I am providing exceptional evidence (as my tax year does not cover the period I am applying for)
with all salary breakups shown in tabular format
3. Why providing ITR2 instead of Saral
4. letter to request for courier (for returning documents)

Here are the reasons for rejection

1. Stated income from June to July, income tax does not cover the period being claim.

2. You have not given any reason why original pay slips have not been provided and for exception circumstances to be taken into account
employee annual salary statement is not considered as original pay slips inline with our requirement.

3. Exceptable evidence provided demonstrate earnings of INR xxx in claim period June 2007 to July 2007 from employer two.

For all three points I clearly mentioned in cover letter that

1. I am providing exception evidence as my incom tax does not cover the period I am applying for

2. As my salary deposited to the bank directly I do not receive any original pay slips. So I sent printed signed and stamped payslips

Need to send Review Request Need your help urgently

Thanks in advance
-Rahul

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:31 am

Hi shooter008,
Sorry to hear that.

But I think the main problem is only your wage slips.

Once when wage slips are invalidated, they naturally have to use Tax return and Bankstatements as two evidences, there Tax return didnt covered the period of claim. Hence they mentioned that

So if your wage slips are correct, I think tax returns wont be a cause for rejection

You can definitly try for a review

If you get rejected in review, in next application try to submit wage slip in 12 different papers in the format of Wage slip, Get it sealed and signed from your employer. That will solve your issue

Because printing every month salary in two papers , technically is not a wage slip. Caseworker used that for rejection.

shooter008
Newly Registered

Post by shooter008 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:40 am

<Because printing every month salary in two papers , technically is not a wage slip. Caseworker used that for rejection.>

Hello Hari15,

Thanks for the reply.

I worked for 2 different employers, When I applied for HSMP I asked my previous employer to provide me the payslips on separate papers(my salary is getting credited to the bank directly so do not have original payslips, and so i need to take printouts), but due to some issues he could provide me the salary statement in the tabular format which has all the earnings and deductions for all the months I asked for(signed and sealed with company logo) and in the reference manual of HSMP, it is also mentioned that the applicants who's salaries getting credited to the bank directly(applies to almost all IT professionals) can provide the printed salary slip duly signed nad sealed with company logo.

Regards,
-Rahul

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:53 am

shooter008 wrote:<Because printing every month salary in two papers , technically is not a wage slip. Caseworker used that for rejection.>

Hello Hari15,

Thanks for the reply.

I worked for 2 different employers, When I applied for HSMP I asked my previous employer to provide me the payslips on separate papers(my salary is getting credited to the bank directly so do not have original payslips, and so i need to take printouts), but due to some issues he could provide me the salary statement in the tabular format which has all the earnings and deductions for all the months I asked for(signed and sealed with company logo) and in the reference manual of HSMP, it is also mentioned that the applicants who's salaries getting credited to the bank directly(applies to almost all IT professionals) can provide the printed salary slip duly signed nad sealed with company logo.

Regards,
-Rahul
Hi rahul,
Nowadays to everybody salary is credited to bank only. Giving cash/cheque in hand is very rare case. And all do get salary slip also

Directly crediting to bank cannot nullify the need of Payslip

Because the money credit in bank is Net salary. Without pay slips one cannot know the tax deductions and other deductions. Hence payslips are necessary even if salary is credited to bank.

"who's salaries getting credited to the bank directly(applies to almost all IT professionals) can provide the printed salary slip duly signed nad sealed with company logo. "

Actually they have mentioned this guidelines for those who are getting payslips in intranet rather than hardcopy. Here what they have actually mentioned is to take print out of each month salary seperatly (with tax and net component) and get that sealed and signed.

I am again saying paying salary directly to bank is not a good reason for not having payslip.

Above all, printing all months salary in a single paper and getting that single paper sealed and signed is NOT a pay slip technically. That can be considered as Letter from Employer

But as per case worker guidelines either payslips or tax return (covering whole period of claim) is mandatory. Since you dont have both your case has gone wrong

anyway try for a review, all the best
Last edited by hari15 on Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

shooter008
Newly Registered

Post by shooter008 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:04 am

Thank you for the explanation, will try anyways.

Thanks,
-Rahul

Stokey
Newly Registered

HSMP initial application refused

Post by Stokey » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:44 pm

Hello everyone,

I need your opinion and help on this.

My HSMP initial application was rejectetd on the basis of the reasons for the previous earning section (45 points) (when i had worked in INDIA, before i started my full time study in UK). (i was fully awared points for other sections which i claimed for -45points).

I had provided two evidences for this section
(1) Pay slips for the 12 months claiming period. (Aug 2004 to July 2005)
(2) IT returns (a) April 2004- March 2005 (this covers 8 months of claim period) and (b) April 2005 - July 2005) (this covers the remaining 4 months)
(3) I had also provided form 16 as a supporting evidence the entire IT return claim period as in (2).

They state that the two evidences that i provide as primary evidences do not corroborate with each other. They also state that IT returns covers a greater period than the 12 months claiming period and hence further form of evidence is required.

Since IT returns in India is filed from April to March, i had to produce two IT returns each partly covering the claiming period.

I would be glad if anybody could tell how i could defend my case which i thought was quite staright forward and would like to have valuable suggestions from anybody willing to do so.

Umar.

flanker

Post by flanker » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:30 pm

(2) IT returns (a) April 2004- March 2005 (this covers 8 months of claim period) and (b) April 2005 - July 2005) (this covers the remaining 4 months)
(3) I had also provided form 16 as a supporting evidence the entire IT return claim period as in (2).
When did you submit your application?

You can only claim for earnings over a total period of up to 12 months out of the 15 months immediately prior to your application.

Unless you had applied between July 2005 and October 2005, your previous earning cannot be considered.

Stokey
Newly Registered

Post by Stokey » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:20 pm

flanker wrote:
When did you submit your application?

You can only claim for earnings over a total period of up to 12 months out of the 15 months immediately prior to your application.

Unless you had applied between July 2005 and October 2005, your previous earning cannot be considered.
Hi,
I submitted on 04 Jan 2008.
I am full-time student in UK from Sept'05 to till date. Hence, my previous claiming period between Aug'04-July'05 ie. 12months out of 15months before I became student.

Thanks.
Umar

hari15
Member of Standing

Re: HSMP initial application refused

Post by hari15 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:26 pm

Stokey wrote:Hello everyone,

I need your opinion and help on this.

My HSMP initial application was rejectetd on the basis of the reasons for the previous earning section (45 points) (when i had worked in INDIA, before i started my full time study in UK). (i was fully awared points for other sections which i claimed for -45points).

They state that the two evidences that i provide as primary evidences do not corroborate with each other. They also state that IT returns covers a greater period than the 12 months claiming period and hence further form of evidence is required.

Since IT returns in India is filed from April to March, i had to produce two IT returns each partly covering the claiming period.

I would be glad if anybody could tell how i could defend my case which i thought was quite staright forward and would like to have valuable suggestions from anybody willing to do so.

Umar.
You should have submitted bank statements from Aug 2004 to July 2005 in addition

flanker

Post by flanker » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:43 pm

I am full-time student in UK from Sept'05 to till date. Hence, my previous claiming period between Aug'04-July'05 ie. 12months out of 15months before I became student.
I missed that bit. Your claim period is OK then.

shooter008
Newly Registered

Post by shooter008 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:14 am

Can anybody please provide me where do I need to send it for review?

Can I send email or FAX? or I need to send through mail only?

Regards

docmac80
Newly Registered

Post by docmac80 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:01 pm

hi all

i have to send a review tomorrow, can anyone tell me how long i might have to wait before i get an answer on my decision review request? Thanks

FLO

Post by FLO » Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:15 pm

Shooter 008,
It is unfortunate that ur HSMP application was rejected. You decision to apply for review is goog as u don't loose anything doing that. Remember to send only the application letter as further documents will nulify ur appeal.
When stating the reason why u feel their decision was wrong, always make reference to the officially publishe guidance note for HSMP1.
Concerning where u need to send ur application, send both vial e-mail and post. E-mail will help u not to exceed the 28days and a very good fore-runner.
The time it takes to get decision on review varies. Some have got in less than 2 weeks while some may take over a month. It all depends on ease of verification of information and other internal issues one may not know.
I wish you all the best.