ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents needed for ILS from tier 1 general

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

saleemd
Mood:
Pakistan

Documents needed for ILS from tier 1 general

Post by saleemd » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:55 am

Dear All,

What documents do i need for my ILR, i plan to apply in March via the premium service.

I used both my self employed and employed income in my last visa extension but now i totally rely on my employed income for the past two years. i have finished my self employed status in 2015 and have paid all the due taxes. i dont have any tax amendments to inform the HO.
please help with the above question.
many thanks
saleem

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Documents needed for ILS from tier 1 general

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:15 am

Have you read the Set(O) form and guidance notes?? :idea:
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

saleemd
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by saleemd » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:51 pm

Hi
Can you please send me the link for set 0 and guidance notes, i haven't read it.

My tier 1 general visa was granted on Dec 2011, i applied for extension in November 2013 which got rejected and then was granted an extension in October 2014. Tier 1 visa valid till Oct 2017 and i have now completed 5 year continuous period of stay. On a premium service do they always give the answer same day??

Many Thanks
SALEEM

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:53 pm

Try Gov UK website.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:57 pm

saleemd wrote:Hi
Can you please send me the link for set 0 and guidance notes, i haven't read it.

My tier 1 general visa was granted on Dec 2011, i applied for extension in November 2013 which got rejected and then was granted an extension in October 2014. Tier 1 visa valid till Oct 2017 and i have now completed 5 year continuous period of stay. On a premium service do they always give the answer same day??

Many Thanks
SALEEM
If the junior level Case Workers who process the PSC applications are unable to make a decision on the day, the application will be passed to a higher authority and it will join the postal queue for the premium fee.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

saleemd
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by saleemd » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:52 pm

thanks for the reply, so basically i pay premium fees and still its 50/50 chance of getting the same day result.

For the past 2 years i have an employed income and have enough points to came for the ILR, what do you advise i should do?? postal or premium?

Zing
Newly Registered

Post by Zing » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:02 pm

@Saleem,
I was reading through your summary of your 5 years continuous stay. You T1G was first granted on dec 2011. You applied for extension on Nov 2013 it was rejected and was rather granted Oct 2014. You said it is to expire Oct 2017.
How did you come about the 5year continuous stay because normally your extension should be to Dec 2016. From your summary,is like the break from the rejection and the granting of extension was not included because if it is included you will have Dec 2016 and not Oct 2017.
Just my observation.
Thanks.

saleemd
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by saleemd » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:52 am

Hi
Thanks for your msg.
Yes i was granted a tier 1 visa on the dec 2011 and then when i applied for the extension in Dec 13 it got rejected and after successfully winning in high court was granted a 3 year extension on Oct 2014 expiring on Oct 2017.
During the time of the court case i was in london and was living as per the previous visa rules till the case was decided and hence i do complete my 5 year continuous stay in the UK.
Please do share your comments if you agree/disagree with my points.
thanks
saleem

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:14 am

saleemd wrote:thanks for the reply, so basically i pay premium fees and still its 50/50 chance of getting the same day result.

For the past 2 years i have an employed income and have enough points to came for the ILR, what do you advise i should do?? postal or premium?
PEO/PSC is inappropriate for complex cases - and is clearly represented as such.

saleemd
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by saleemd » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:32 am

Hi Noajthan,
I do understand your point but i don't think i have a complex case.
5 year continuous period is applicable on my case as when my Tier 1 extension was rejected in Dec 2013 i was living in the UK till the case was decided and visa was granted in Oct 2014. I didn't change any visa category remained in Tier 1 General and didn't leave the country. doesn't that fulfill all the criteria of continuous period of stay?? i have 12 months of payslips and a salaried income, taxes are all paid up and have a UK degree.i get all the 80 points needed to apply for the indefinite visa.
do you still think PEO is not appropriate for me??
your comments would be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Saleem

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:37 am

saleemd wrote:Hi Noajthan,
5 year continuous period is applicable on my case as when my Tier 1 extension was rejected in Dec 2013 i was living in the UK till the case was decided and visa was granted in Oct 2014. I didn't change any visa category remained in Tier 1 General and didn't leave the country. doesn't that fulfill all the criteria of continuous period of stay?? i have 12 months of payslips and a salaried income, taxes are all paid up and have a UK degree.i get all the 80 points needed to apply for the indefinite visa.

Regards,
Saleem
Your Dollar, your choice. Remember with the PEO you won't have any opportunity to argue your case, some do think that. It's tick, tick, tick. If not 100% ticks it's chucked in the ordinary pile and you go home and wait with the rest.

All your SA302's in order too?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:39 am

saleemd wrote:Hi Noajthan,

Regards,
Saleem
Previous T1G makes it complex.

saleemd
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by saleemd » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:25 pm

Hi
Thanks both for the reply.

SA 302's are in order as whatever Gross Income declared to the home office for the Dec 2013 extension was the same shown to the HMRC,tax was paid on net income after deducting expenses and all due taxes were paid on time. no tax amendments were needed or made.

Noajthan please can you explain me the complexity you see in my case as per your comments ref previous T1G?? Would appreciate your opinion.

Many Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:37 pm

saleemd wrote:Noajthan please can you explain me the complexity you see in my case as per your comments ref previous T1G?? Would appreciate your opinion.

Many Thanks
Tier 1 General migrants history is scrutinized extensively and you will also be given a questionnaire to complete about SA and tax. There have been 100's of refusals of Tier 1 G to ILR cases.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:39 pm

Noajthan please can you explain me the complexity you see in my case as per your comments ref previous T1G?? Would appreciate your opinion.

Many Thanks
I see nothing specific in your case as I don't know enough about your circumstances.
Your T1G history may trigger questioning and enquiries as has happened to other members.
So there's a chance the caseworker won't commit on the day and will decide to add you to the queue.
You yourself put it at 50/50.
Simple as that.

saleemd
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by saleemd » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:54 pm

thanks for the prompt response and info.
Do we know what they ask in the form ( questionnaire) at PEO for SA and tax?? just want to be prepared if i do go at the window.
regards,
sal

masterpeas
Vietnam

Post by masterpeas » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:00 pm

noajthan wrote:

Many Thanks
I see nothing specific in your case as I don't know enough about your circumstances.
Your T1G history may trigger questioning and enquiries as has happened to other members.
So there's a chance the caseworker won't commit on the day and will decide to add you to the queue.
You yourself put it at 50/50.
Simple as that.
Hi i did find a guy who applied via the same route through same day premium service and he got the visa straight way due to his paperwork all in order and completeness. I wish I could be that lucky...

it is very much based on luck! If you have the money and you can give it a go with some risks. But it seems if you can get rid of any tax issue, in my eyes you should be fine. CW only follows their procedure of checking, if no issue, i dont see why they want to add another simpler case in the queue...

saleemd
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by saleemd » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:06 am

Hi
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT ARE THE QUESTIONS IN THE FORM GIVEN AT PEO FOR SA AND TAXES??
HOW BIG IS THE QUESTIONNAIRE?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:12 am

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT ARE THE QUESTIONS IN THE FORM GIVEN AT PEO FOR SA AND TAXES??
HOW BIG IS THE QUESTIONNAIRE?
There is no need to SHOUT!! Search the forum, this has been posted before.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

saleemd
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by saleemd » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:12 pm

Hi
Might sound very dum but can't find it on the forum, please can you send me a link.
many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:31 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)

saleemd
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by saleemd » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:09 pm

thanks mate very helpful indeed to prepare for my case. cheers