ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS dependant Visa application - outside of UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kalics
Newly Registered

UK Dependent visa for baby

Post by kalics » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:43 am

Hi all,

I got my UK ILR in Sep 2016, before that I had ICT Tier 2. My wife has a PBS dependent against my previous ICT valid for a couple of years. We have a new born baby and we are all in India. Which Visa should i go through for the baby for my family to go back to UK?

I'm not keen on going for Settlement Visa for baby at this stage, any other visa can i go for?

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UK Dependent visa for baby

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:47 am

On what basis did you obtain ILR (5 years ICT or 10 years long residence)?

If wife is on ICT dependent, then that is what you apply for the child, same visa as mother is on.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kalics
Newly Registered

Post by kalics » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:49 am

Thanks for your response. I did get my ILR based on 5 year continuous period.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:52 am

Then if your wife still has a ICT dependent visa, apply for the same category for the baby.

How long has your wife been out of the UK? Absence limits have recently changed for PBS dependents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kalics
Newly Registered

Post by kalics » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:20 am

OK thanks, much appreciate your assistance here. Yes, my wife still has ICT depdendent visa; we intend to travel in April so she would have been out of UK for about 9 months by then. Is that okay?

Now that I no longer have the ICT Tier 2 BRP card, is it still okay to apply for the baby as below?

Reason for Visit: Work
Visa type: Tier 2 (Intra Company Transfer) visa
Visa Sub Type: Long Term Staff Child, up to 3 years

Many thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:24 am

Your wife will have a problem for ILR due to the recent absence changes. Absence of 180 days or more breaks continuity of residence, which means she starts from zero to qualify for ILR when she arrives back in April.

Yes, the options are fine for child. Visa will be issued with the same validity of your wife's visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

kalics
Newly Registered

Post by kalics » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:59 am

Thanks very much for your help in this regard. I've been worried about the child's visa, and this is a relief. Didn't realise about my wife's reset before, but it should be fine :)

Ta.
Kind Regards.

kalics
Newly Registered

PBS dependant Visa application - outside of UK

Post by kalics » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:04 pm

Hi guys,

I have initiated a PBS Dependant Visa request for my child on visa4uk.fco.gov.uk but i wanted to add some details on the "additional information" column on the application form. However I've submitted this application without adding that.

Can i now write the text on the paper copy or do you just me adding a separate covering letter instead?

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PBS dependant Visa application - outside of UK

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:38 pm

What additional information do you feel you need to add or explain?

Also, please keep all your questions on the same application in one topic rather than starting a new one with each question. I have merged your posts.
Char (CR001 not Casa)