ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

schengen visa for British spouse

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

schengen visa for British spouse

Post by haiksuresh » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:52 pm

Hi Gurus,
I will become UK citizen in coming days, My wife was indian having ILR in UK. I would like to apply shengen visa as spouse of UK citizen. So here i would like to ask couple of questions.

As i was planning to visit france, swiss, italy and spain. I am ok to go any country first. But i am looking for minimum 90 days visa duration.

So which country you suggest, in perspective longer visa duration ? . I have inquired both France and Italy both doen't charge any visa fee. only consular charges i.e [italy 14.65, france 25+ in pounds.] But no one confirmed the visa duration.

I know, no one can give guarantee on this, But previous experiences, in general which country will give longer duration.

Your help will be much appreciated.

Regards,
Suresh

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: schengen visa for British spouse

Post by Wanderer » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:14 pm

First one is nearly always the length of the proposed holiday in my experience, you cannot dictate.

90 days unheard of for a first timer, that the maximum allowed.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

mgb

Re: schengen visa for British spouse

Post by mgb » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:46 pm

The family member of a eu citizen can dictate the length of a visa.
Article 6 of the directive give 3 month unconditionally if the family member accompany or join the eu citizen.
Max for a schengen visa is 90 days.