ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 to ILR - Couple of questions

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

avi

Tier 2 to ILR - Couple of questions

Post by avi » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:17 pm

Dear Gurus & Friends,

Have been a great admirer of this forum. What a great platform. I was hoping i could get some answers to my queries for my ILR application which i am planning to do soon.

Question 1-
Immigration history in Tier 2

1st Employer- 8th July 2011- 7th October 2011
2nd Employer- 1st November 2011- 5th April 2015
3rd Employer- Applied by post on 5th April 2015, got refused on 11th May 2015 ( due to incorrect hours). Applied again after few days ( within a week), Got approved- on biometric card- 29th May 2015, however on COS The start date is 8th June 2015. Now my question is which date should i take as start date for my new employment, coz if i take the date of COS, there is more than 60 days of gap between 2 employment. And if i take the date on my biometric date ( 29th May), then its within 60 days.

Question 2:
I haven't got P60/P45 for all the 5 years, however i have got the 5 year work history from HMRC. Will that be sufficient?

Question 3 :
My bank balance has been on overdraft for personal reasons, do they look at the minimum balance?

Question 4:
How many months bank statement do we have to actually give? I have read one month in the guidelines, however most of the posts in the forum i have read 3 months? Is 3 months compulsory?

Question 5:

Whats the earliest can i apply, as my salary is increased from end of January. I was on a salary of basic 23k +5k tips+2k bonus and now its gone up to 35k basic no tips no bonus.

Thanks a lot for taking the time out to read.

Avi

avi

Re: Tier 2 to ILR - Couple of questions

Post by avi » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:29 pm

Any help, on any of the points please. Understand everyone might be busy.

Thanks

avi

Post by avi » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:17 pm

Would really appreciate, if anyone can shed some light on any of the points please.

Thanks

Avi

yorkdave
Newly Registered

Post by yorkdave » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:10 pm

Answers which I know

Question 1-
Immigration history in Tier 2
No idea - other people could comment on this

Question 2:
I haven't got P60/P45 for all the 5 years, however i have got the 5 year work history from HMRC. Will that be sufficient?
P60 is not required. Just a pay slip and employer letter (with all required info as per Guidance document) is sufficient as per Guidance document

Question 3 :
My bank balance has been on overdraft for personal reasons, do they look at the minimum balance?
I don't think so but confirm with Gurus on this forum - I believe the bank statement is to show that you are getting the net monthly salary

Question 4:
How many months bank statement do we have to actually give? I have read one month in the guidelines, however most of the posts in the forum i have read 3 months? Is 3 months compulsory?
One month is sufficient.

Question 5:

Whats the earliest can i apply, as my salary is increased from end of January. I was on a salary of basic 23k +5k tips+2k bonus and now its gone up to 35k basic no tips no bonus.
I am not sure.

avi

Post by avi » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:41 pm

Thanks for the reply. Really appreciate it.

My real concern was the hike in salary, because i know my salary is raised from 23k to 35k. My employer is very happy with my performance and wants me to continue.

They are happy to write a nice letter as well.

Hoping to hear from gurus/moderators.

Thanks

yorkdave
Newly Registered

Post by yorkdave » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:45 pm

As per Settlement section in Tier 2 Guidance - It says as a pay slip so last month pay slip with £35k is sufficient and the bank statement showing net income from £35k is sufficient. So you don't need to provide pervious pay slips.

Please not that your salary should be Annual Gross salary of £35k. It looks like you got £35k of gross so I don't think so it will be an issue.