ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT Dependent to Tier 2 Work Visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nitinpal2005
Newly Registered

Tier 2 ICT Dependent to Tier 2 Work Visa

Post by nitinpal2005 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:40 pm

Hello

My Wife and I are in UK. I am in UK on ICT Tier 2 Long term visa (visa issued in Aug 2016) and my wife is on Dependent Visa. Now my wife has got a job transfer from XYZ India to XYZ UK for software development role. As she was already having dependent visa and position was urgent so XYZ has validated her dependent visa and ask her to join. I have few questions on these

1) In future can My wife change from Tier 2 ICT dependent to Tier 2 company sponsored visa while she is in the country? Or she needs to go out of the country?

2) Can I change from Tier 2 ICT Long term to Tier 2 Dependent while i am in the country as my project will be completed in 3 months? Or does i need to go out of the country?

3) If i needs to go out of the country, does the cooling period apply?

Thanks
Nitin

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 ICT Dependent to Tier 2 Work Visa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:01 pm

1) In future can My wife change from Tier 2 ICT dependent to Tier 2 company sponsored visa while she is in the country? Or she needs to go out of the country?
Tier 2 General must be applied for from home country. She cannot switch within the UK. Full and proper RLMT process must be completed to prove she has not been 'pre-selected'.
2) Can I change from Tier 2 ICT Long term to Tier 2 Dependent while i am in the country as my project will be completed in 3 months? Or does i need to go out of the country?
Yes, you can switch within the UK once she returns with a valid visa.

Cooling off doesn't apply if switching to a dependent visa category.

Kindly also refrain from naming companies when you post.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nitinpal2005
Newly Registered

Post by nitinpal2005 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:06 am

CR001 wrote:
Tier 2 General must be applied for from home country. She cannot switch within the UK. Full and proper RLMT process must be completed to prove she has not been 'pre-selected'.

Yes, you can switch within the UK once she returns with a valid visa.

Cooling off doesn't apply if switching to a dependent visa category.

Kindly also refrain from naming companies when you post.

nitinpal2005
Newly Registered

Post by nitinpal2005 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:08 am

Thanks for your response....

My wife will apply ICT short term visa, Not ICT general as she has been transferred from India to UK and working for same company. In this case also, does she need to Go back to India?

massdav
Newly Registered

Post by massdav » Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:20 pm

We applied for tier 2 general visa in India (Delhi) and below questions were asked during our interview

- how many people work for the company
- how did you apply for your initial job
- tell me details of the labor test
- does your company director like the work you do
- and whether they expecting you back

got rejected because told that the company is trying to bring me back , so they were not happy and thought the labor test was done name sake. also the entry clearance officer was like you are still in continuous employment with the company, so they are desperate to bring you back

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:19 pm

massdav this topic is about T2 ICT not T2G - and nothing to do with interviews.
Kindly refrain from posting on every topic remotely related to T2 from past few years,
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.