ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - SET (M) - finances and cohabitation evidence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

NeenaGak
Newly Registered

ILR - SET (M) - finances and cohabitation evidence

Post by NeenaGak » Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:23 am

My husband is applying for ILR, under the old rules, (pre 09 July 2012). We are submitting his application in person in 4 days time at one of the premium services centre. :shock: :shock:

Please help as I have some doubts about certain things and I feel we may not have the required documents with us on the day :?:

Finances evidence

-I, as a British citizen get certain public funds in my name, they include DLA and carers allowance for my son, Child benefit, Working and Child Tax credits. My husband works part time and he doesn't get any public funds in his name. Can this still go against him? Prior to having a baby we both worked full time, but since having a child with extra needs, I had to resign from my job and therefore we had no choice but to apply for the above public funds.

-We don't have savings statements to cover the last 6 months as I thought normal statements would suffice. Can we print this ourselves and get it verified by the bank? I have ordered a recent savings statement from our bank which we should get this weekend but I imagine it wont cover the last 6 months. :(

Cohabitation evidence

The application requires to submit at least 6 letters in joint names or 12 in separate names?

Do the following letters class as joint letters
- Hospital letters for our child addressed to 'Parents and Guardian of ***(name of Child)*****'? There should be more than 6.
-Bank statements in joint names (this will be submitted to cover the financial evidence too)

Thank you so much in advance.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: ILR - SET (M) - finances and cohabitation evidence

Post by Casa » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:35 am

NeenaGak wrote:My husband is applying for ILR, under the old rules, (pre 09 July 2012). We are submitting his application in person in 4 days time at one of the premium services centre. :shock: :shock:

Please help as I have some doubts about certain things and I feel we may not have the required documents with us on the day :?:

Finances evidence

-I, as a British citizen get certain public funds in my name, they include DLA and carers allowance for my son, Child benefit, Working and Child Tax credits. My husband works part time and he doesn't get any public funds in his name. Can this still go against him? Prior to having a baby we both worked full time, but since having a child with extra needs, I had to resign from my job and therefore we had no choice but to apply for the above public funds.
Are you claiming WTC & CTC in joint names and CB in your name only?
-We don't have savings statements to cover the last 6 months as I thought normal statements would suffice. Can we print this ourselves and get it verified by the bank? I have ordered a recent savings statement from our bank which we should get this weekend but I imagine it wont cover the last 6 months. :(
Submit your husband's most recent 6 months payslips + the 6 months corresponding bank statements.

Cohabitation evidence

The application requires to submit at least 6 letters in joint names or 12 in separate names?

- Hospital letters for our child addressed to 'Parents and Guardian of ***(name of Child)*****'? There should be more than 6.
-Bank statements in joint names (this will be submitted to cover the financial evidence too)
You must submit 6 documents/correspondence in joint names from at least 3 different sources, in joint names spread as evenly as possible over the 2.5 year qualifying period. One piece every 4-5 months is a good guide. If you don't have enough in joint names, submit 6 each in single names (12). Anything with the name, address and date will be accepted.

(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

NeenaGak
Newly Registered

Post by NeenaGak » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:59 pm

NeenaGak wrote:
My husband is applying for ILR, under the old rules, (pre 09 July 2012). We are submitting his application in person in 4 days time at one of the premium services centre. :shock: :shock:

Finances evidence

Hi first of all thank you very much for taking time out to reply. Yes child benefit is just in my name, but I use my husbands details and NI number for WTC and CTC, however they get paid in my name.I hope this makes sense. We are applying under the old rules though and Im not sure what difference this makes to the finances requirement. Im starting to get very worried

Submit your husband's most recent 6 months payslips + the 6 months corresponding bank statements.

Thank you. Would you still advice printing the last 6 months savings statement and having it verified? Just in case they ask for it

Cohabitation evidence

You must submit 6 documents/correspondence in joint names from at least 3 different sources, in joint names spread as evenly as possible over the 2.5 year qualifying period. One piece every 4-5 months is a good guide. If you don't have enough in joint names, submit 6 each in single names (12). Anything with the name, address and date will be accepted.

Can we use car documents, driving licence paper copy etc as evidences for his sole name?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:04 pm

NeenaGak wrote:NeenaGak wrote:

Finances evidence

Hi first of all thank you very much for taking time out to reply. Yes child benefit is just in my name, but I use my husbands details and NI number for WTC and CTC, however they get paid in my name.I hope this makes sense. We are applying under the old rules though and Im not sure what difference this makes to the finances requirement. Im starting to get very worried You're claiming correctly.

You don't need to evidence of savings. You'll be applying under 'adequate maintenance' as a carer.

Thank you. Would you still advice printing the last 6 months savings statement and having it verified? Just in case they ask for it

Cohabitation evidence

Can we use car documents, driving licence paper copy etc as evidences for his sole name?
Thank you so much in advance. Yes. As I've said, anything with your name/names, joint address and date will be accepted
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

NeenaGak
Newly Registered

Post by NeenaGak » Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:51 pm

You don't need to evidence of savings.

You'll be applying under 'adequate maintenance' as a carer.

Do we need to show any calculations for adequate maintenance? If so can you please advice how?

I cant thank you enough for your help. I feel like I am finally getting somewhere with this application.
:)

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:26 pm

You're welcome.

In order to meet the adequate maintenance level you would need to show that after rent or mortgage and council tax have been deducted you have
£497.68 remaining monthly + £66.90 for each dependent child.

2.1.2. Under paragraph E-ECP.3.3., E-LTRP.3.3., E-ECC.2.3. or E-LTRC.2.3 (partners on a 5-
year route to settlement under Appendix FM and their children), to be able to meet the
financial requirement through adequate maintenance, the applicant’s partner or parent’s
partner must be receiving one or more of the following:
 Disability Living Allowance.
 Severe Disablement Allowance.
 Industrial Injury Disablement Benefit.
 Attendance Allowance.
 Carer’s Allowance.
 Personal Independence Payment.
 Armed Forces Independence Payment or Guaranteed Income Payment under the
Armed Forces Compensation Scheme.
 Constant Attendance Allowance, Mobility Supplement or War Disablement Pension
under the War Pensions Scheme.
(Casa, not CR001)

NeenaGak
Newly Registered

Post by NeenaGak » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:38 pm

You're welcome.

In order to meet the adequate maintenance level you would need to show that after rent or mortgage and council tax have been deducted you have
£497.68 remaining monthly + £66.90 for each dependent child.

2.1.2. Under paragraph E-ECP.3.3., E-LTRP.3.3., E-ECC.2.3. or E-LTRC.2.3 (partners on a 5-
year route
to settlement under Appendix FM and their children), to be able to meet the
financial requirement through adequate maintenance, the applicant’s partner or parent’s
partner must be receiving one or more of the following:
 Disability Living Allowance.
 Severe Disablement Allowance.
 Industrial Injury Disablement Benefit.
 Attendance Allowance.
 Carer’s Allowance.
 Personal Independence Payment.
 Armed Forces Independence Payment or Guaranteed Income Payment under the
Armed Forces Compensation Scheme.
 Constant Attendance Allowance, Mobility Supplement or War Disablement Pension
under the War Pensions Scheme.

Hi Casa, we are actually applying under the 2 year route. What is the finance requirements for this?
Some background info on our case - my husband was granted his spouse visa before 9th July 2012(so he falls under the old immigration rules). He was allowed to apply for ILR 2 and half years ago so we are very late but the main reason was that he had not passed his LIUK test, due to illnesses etc. Obviously he has passed his LIUK. He currently has a limited leave to remain which runs out soon. We are probably one of the last few applying under the 2 year route which is why I cant seem to get that much information on it. If you have some more information on the 2 year route for ILR can you please share it, i.e list of requirements as that would really help with our application.

Thank you

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:41 pm

On the 2 year route your husband will qualify under 'adequate maintenance' as I've listed above.

Proof of joint residence will be the same. B1 level English as well as the Life in the UK test is required.
(Casa, not CR001)

NeenaGak
Newly Registered

Post by NeenaGak » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:31 pm

On the 2 year route your husband will qualify under 'adequate maintenance' as I've listed above.

Proof of joint residence will be the same. B1 level English as well as the Life in the UK test is required.

I feel relieved as he does meet those requirements. We are also looking to submit a letter from me explaining why I feel his application should be accepted along with a brief insight on our current situation. Do people usually do this?

Thank you so much for all your answers. You have been great help. I will keep you updated once we get a decision.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:50 pm

You can include a letter if you want to, but as long as you submit the evidence of finance and co-habitation it really won't be necessary. I'm assuming that you will be attending the PSC appointment with your husband.

Will wait for your update. :)
(Casa, not CR001)

NeenaGak
Newly Registered

Post by NeenaGak » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:13 pm

Hi Casa just to update on our application, it was successful. My husband got his ILR application accepted within 2 hours of our appointment yesterday at the Liverpool Center. Thank you for answering our queries. :)

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:19 pm

Really pleased it all went well for you. Thanks for the update. :)
(Casa, not CR001)