ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Time from approval to ceremony at British Consulate?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

orojim
United Kingdom

Time from approval to ceremony at British Consulate?

Post by orojim » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:04 pm

The Home Office approved my UKM citizenship registration request last week. My approval letter tells me to wait to hear from the British Consulate General in Los Angeles about the citizenship ceremony. It could be up twelve weeks, the letter says.

Does anyone have experience - or even a guesstimate - about how long such a wait might be? Or is it just luck-of-the-draw with the Consulate's schedule, with no fixed time for all cases?

Thanks!

sevendust12

Re: Time from approval to ceremony at British Consulate?

Post by sevendust12 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:43 am

orojim wrote:The Home Office approved my UKM citizenship registration request last week. My approval letter tells me to wait to hear from the British Consulate General in Los Angeles about the citizenship ceremony. It could be up twelve weeks, the letter says.

Does anyone have experience - or even a guesstimate - about how long such a wait might be? Or is it just luck-of-the-draw with the Consulate's schedule, with no fixed time for all cases?

Thanks!
Congratulations to you!

It could take up to 8 weeks before you get a letter from the British Consulate. After that, you would need to contact them to arrange the earliest time/date for the ceremony.

orojim
United Kingdom

Re: Time from approval to ceremony at British Consulate?

Post by orojim » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:38 pm

Thank you. "Hurry up and wait" is the same the world over, I guess.