ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

?Partnership in Ireland

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

goodboyq111
Newly Registered

?Partnership in Ireland

Post by goodboyq111 » Sat Dec 18, 2004 11:55 am

A good firend of mine has invited her partner to Ireland on tourist visitor's visa. She is Polish (EU citizen) and he is Bulgarian (not until 2007 EU citizen). They live together, she is full time employed in IRL and can sponsor her partner.
Does anyone know how to start a procedure of his immigration in Ireland?

He is willing to stay in Ireland but they don't want to get married yet, at least at the moment.

Would there be their partnership recognized there in Ireland?

Thank you for any answer
goodboy

calai

Post by calai » Sun Feb 06, 2005 9:08 pm

I am having a similar problem here.

My boyfriend is Irish and can sponsor me living in Dublin. He has a secure job and is a house and cars owner. Although i am not a visa national and my 2 passports enable me to get into/away in Ireland as a tourist without any trouble, I have no right to work in Ireland and want to look for means of immigration. We planned to move in together but not getting married at the moment.

Can anyone help me? Thanks to all in advance.

Cheers,
Caroline

marialear

Post by marialear » Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:37 am

Good morning all,

Well, unfortunately here in Ireland..'it don't mean a thing 'less you got that ring..' Time spent living together cannot be used for immigration purposes when applying to get the necessary papers to work legally. The only way a non-Irish/EU national can work legally in Ireland without work permit/authorization or working holiday visa is on the basis of marriage to an Irish citizen. After you are married for 3 years, you can apply for naturalization to become an Irish citizen yourself.

To work in Ireland is becoming increasingly difficult in that past few years. You can either get a:

Work visa/authorization (given only to very specific job sectors which are particularly under-staffed here, ie: Dr, nurse, engineer, town planner, architect..). You can change jobs on the work authorization provided you stay within the same sector of work (Dr. in Dublin moves and gets a position as Dr. in Cork for example). The authorization is valid for 2 years and can be renewed. You apply yourself in your country of origin's Irish embassy with a legit job offer in writing from an Irish employer.

OR

A work permit (very restrictive) as you are tied to one employer in the entire country of Ireland. You cannot move jobs on the same work permit, if you want to change jobs, you must get a new work permit. You cannot work while your work permit is being processed (8-10wks). Before the Irish employer can get a work permit for you, they must prove in writing that firstly, no Irish person; then no EU person could be found to do your job. They get this documentation through dealings with the Irish employment people FAS and they must post the job opening nationally and internationally (within EU) for 4 weeks before they get the necessary documents. You cannot apply for a work permit on your own behalf & all correspondance between the work permit dept and the job in question is through your potential employer only, not you. THe permit costs 500.00 euro per year and is renewable.

OR

A working holiday visa if you are from a select group of places(I think Can, Oz, NZ and newly added Hong Kong) This option is really for people travelling and wouldn't really be suitable for those wishing to set up a permanent home here. They are for 1 year, you must be under 30 (I think) and have enough money in your bank account to sustain you while you are in the country. You can change jobs as you are supposed to only stay at one post for a max of 3 months at a time, then move on to another job. Like I said, someone travelling, working in various pubs, hotels, etc, this would be suitable.

Check all out on Work Permits, Work Authorizations/Visas on www.entemp.ie. Citizenship details on www.justice.ie I've found a really good website about all you need to know about living/moving to Ireland (taxes, houses, jobs, bank accounts...) on www.movetoireland.com.

Good luck,

Regards, Maria