ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying as EEA national married to a British citizen

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

LaLeLu85
Newly Registered

Re: Applying as EEA national married to a British citizen

Post by LaLeLu85 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:54 pm

Re the passport, you can request this back early through their website (there's a return of documents form somewhere). Got mine back within a couple of weeks from submitting the request.

paulie12
Newly Registered

Post by paulie12 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:25 am

Oh, that's great! So I can request the passport back even if applying as a self sufficient person? Would you mind posting the link to the form? I searched the website but I couldn't find it anywhere.

LaLeLu85
Newly Registered

Post by LaLeLu85 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:48 pm

paulie12 wrote:Oh, that's great! So I can request the passport back even if applying as a self sufficient person? Would you mind posting the link to the form? I searched the website but I couldn't find it anywhere.
Yep - form is here: https://www.gov.uk/visa-documents-returned

I think you need to wait a couple of weeks before requesting them back though I waited a couple of months.

LaLeLu85
Newly Registered

Post by LaLeLu85 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:51 pm

Oh - and they even sent my passport back as signed for, had to collect from the Post Office. I only asked for my passport back at the time and all other documents were returned when I received my card.

paulie12
Newly Registered

Post by paulie12 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:35 am

Thanks so much for the line LaLeLu85!