ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When can i apply for BC

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

navinw

When can i apply for BC

Post by navinw » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:28 pm

I have a query in applying for BC for my Spouse.

Apr-2012 to Jun-2012 - Tourist Visa(6 months)
Aug-2012 - Tier-1 Dependant.
May-2016 - Got the ILR

As she is planning to apply for BC in May-2017 i.e. after a year.
There is a condition in which it states, you should be in country 5 years before the date you apply on long term visa.

As per the BC guidelines, it says

SECTION 2: RESIDENCE REQUIREMENTS 2.1 Enter the day you first arrived with a view to staying in the UK on a long-term basis, and the airport or seaport through which you then entered. If this is less than 5 years before the date on which we receive the application, or less than 3 years before this date if you are married to or the civil partner of a British citizen, you might not meet the residence requirement (see page 6 of the Booklet AN) and your application may be unsuccessful.

As my wife was on tourist visa so i am not sure, whether she can apply in may-2017 or have to wait till Aug-2012 to apply for BC.

vinny

Re: When can i apply for BC

Post by vinny » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:59 pm

May 2017. Physically present as visitor is sufficient.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

navinw

Re: When can i apply for BC

Post by navinw » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:08 am

vinny wrote:May 2017. Physically present as visitor is sufficient.

Thanks Vinny but my question as per section in RESIDENCE REQUIREMENTS 2.1

Enter the day you first arrived with a view to staying in the UK on a long-term basis,

which is more confusing and i don't want to get the form rejection coz of that.