ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Moving to New Zealand, but how? Need help...

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Poseidon
Newly Registered

Moving to New Zealand, but how? Need help...

Post by Poseidon » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:58 pm

Hi everyone,

Me and my g.friend, we are living in Turkey, im Turkish and She's a Kiwi we'll move to NZ next year.We' met in London but i moved out to Turkey and she moved here to Turkey after 1 year. Now we're making all the paperwork ready, u know all kinda documents that might help us to proof the relationship. But i still got some questions tho! I've got no idea where to start.

By the end of this year, probably Aug. our relationship will be on its first year. We've got proofs for the relationship like: 1- House contract, 2- joint Bank Account, 3- Lots of pictures, e-mails, mails, 4- Reference letters from our bank and from our work (as a public ref.) her resident Permit, 5- Lots of receipts, flight tickets etc... 6- Our joint Bank account statements...
So i reckon all these would be enough, or what you think shall we get some more?

The second thing is We're not sure that if we should apply through London branch or me getting a tourist visa and changing it to work permit in New Zealand, which one would be easier, what are the chances? i Know London cuz i lived there for 4 years its always a pain to get a visa there and can NZ London branch see my history in London, like my UK address, previous UK bank account, work place, taxes and etc or does it just belongs to U.K. immigration?
What i think is it'd be easier for me to get a visa from here and changing to work permit from there, cuz her family will be with us and it'll take shorter time by that time i2ll be there and know the place better...

The most important one: In one of the forms it says " have u undertaken military service in any country?" in Turkey its compulsory but im studying in the open university so they delay the military service during ur studies.. do u think will it be a problem?
so I guess if i apply for a Tourist Visa in Turkey and then go on to get a Work Permit in NZ, the officials in Turkey wouldn't see my departure as final because, as a tourist with a Visit Visa it implies that i'll be returning. If i left Turkey with NZ residency in my passport, that would be a different matter I would think. So shall we apply for a tourist visa first and then when i get there shall we change it to resident permit?
people say it'll be easier if i apply through London cuz its not that much applications in there. but don't know what would the immigration service in NZ would say and that also means i have to wait without working and any income till i get an answer...

these all i've got so far. So what are your opinions? i really need some good advice cuz its all messed up and confused!

has anyone been in the same or similar situation before?

We're confused at the moment and need some urgent help! cuz we have to start this application thing a.s.a.p

thanks your your time and patience

Cheers

Poseidon
Newly Registered

Post by Poseidon » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:57 pm

also...

do u have to be in a 12 months relationship to get a Work permit? cuz i know that u have to be in a stable relationship for 12 months to get a Resident permit...

cheers