ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Reconsideration taking over 6 months, no update

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ibraa

Reconsideration taking over 6 months, no update

Post by ibraa » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:04 pm

Dear everyone

I have submitted a reconsideration request due to the HO case worker not considering a document for my application I've sent them.

Until December, I have not heard anything from them, apart from a standard conformation of receipt letter, therefore I have contacted them using their email address, asking for an update.

They replied saying that as there are no time scales for reconsideration applications, I should just wait patiently for their decision..

I know that there is no time scale, but isn't 6 months excessive to reconsider an application?

What is your experience?

Thanks for your input in advance
Regards
Ben

noajthan

Re: Reconsideration taking over 6 months, no update

Post by noajthan » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:08 pm

It could take up to a year or more.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

ibraa

Post by ibraa » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:18 pm

noajthan wrote:It could take up to a year or more.
Wow, really? Longer, than a normal naturalisation application? I had no clue..

Are they at least considered in the order they're received?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:23 pm

ibraa wrote:
noajthan wrote:It could take up to a year or more.
Wow, really? Longer, than a normal naturalisation application? I had no clue..

Are they at least considered in the order they're received?
That's based on members as reported here in forum.

And without 'someone on the inside' its hard to say what the precise process is;
however one could imagine they are pre-screened and filtered according to various criteria.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:52 pm

None of us work at the Home Office, so we don't know much about its internal workings. What we do know is gleaned from the posts on these forums by people going through the process.

From the Home Office point of view, there is no need to hurry in naturalisation, because one of the conditions of applying for naturalisation is that you have the right to live in the UK free of immigration control (either ILR or PR). So any delay in naturalisation does not impact your right to live in the UK anyway.

My guess (and it is just a guess) is that reconsideration applications fall down to the back of the queue and are looked at either when it exceeds a certain number or if there are free resources in the naturalisation team, the latter of which is unlikely given the recent rush of EEA citizens naturalising.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:57 pm

And snippets of operating practices may be gleaned and divined by careful review of Chief Inspector's reports;
these often include summaries of fact-finding missions to various casework groups and units within UKVI/HO.

A quasi-agile approach plus use of 'tiger teams' and multi-skilled caseworkers as well as workflows designed for (or with) outsourcing capability, together with targeted pre-screening and filtering(/profiling?) of cases, makes for interesting reading for UKVI-heads and -anoraks.