ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Oracle DBA jobs

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mroracle
Newly Registered

Oracle DBA jobs

Post by mroracle » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:56 am

Dear All.
I have more that 6 years experience in the field of Managing Critical Oracle database and Oracle Certified Professional DBA 9i. Currently I am in telecom industry in my country.
Could you possible tell me the job market for Oracle DBA in UK?

Thanks in advance.

rajkumarpatel

Supply of ORacle DBA is too high in UK

Post by rajkumarpatel » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:28 pm

Hi,
Supply of Oracle DBA is too high in UK. Probably you can make ur skillset bit different with production exp of Sybase or SQL Server. Coz Alone it will be bit difficult to find Oracle DBA contract or job that too if you dont have UK experience.

Its better to try US as Oracle DBA openings are in abundance over there and demand is more than supply.

regards
Raj

Azlan

Post by Azlan » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:37 pm

this is not totally true. It really depends on 1st line or 2nd line support experience you got or development exp. It is really hard to comment with out looking at CV/profile.

I know two persons who came to UK last month and with in three weeks they signed up contracts.

ajay6723
Newly Registered

Re: Supply of ORacle DBA is too high in UK

Post by ajay6723 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:55 am

Hi Raj,
I have applied for EC 1 week back.
I have offer to go to USA as well where project is allready linedup.
What do you think USA/UK is better for oracle DBA's.
I have 12 years of exp. as oracle dba.

I have seen lots of job post for oracle dba on job sites..what is that then?

your valuable reply would be appriciable.

Thanks,
Ajay
rajkumarpatel wrote:Hi,
Supply of Oracle DBA is too high in UK. Probably you can make ur skillset bit different with production exp of Sybase or SQL Server. Coz Alone it will be bit difficult to find Oracle DBA contract or job that too if you dont have UK experience.

Its better to try US as Oracle DBA openings are in abundance over there and demand is more than supply.

regards
Raj

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:31 pm

Dont go on what u see on Jobsites..Some of them might be fake,some of them might appear twice/thrice from different agency (for same client/job),some of them wont even respond to you once they know u dont have UK experience,and by chance u get interview ,they will hear your accent and might feel that you might not gel in the office culture..
UK market is very very differnt than US market.Beside technical skills you also need to have soft skills to get a job..
Ashish

ajay6723
Newly Registered

DBA jobs in uk

Post by ajay6723 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:39 pm

Hi,
Do you mean for DBA USA is good as compare to UK?
What is a probabilty of getting continuous contract Jobs for DBA in UK.

Thanks,
Ajay
ashishashah wrote:Dont go on what u see on Jobsites..Some of them might be fake,some of them might appear twice/thrice from different agency (for same client/job),some of them wont even respond to you once they know u dont have UK experience,and by chance u get interview ,they will hear your accent and might feel that you might not gel in the office culture..
UK market is very very differnt than US market.Beside technical skills you also need to have soft skills to get a job..
Ashish