ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing address during spouse visa application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nat_west
Newly Registered

Changing address during spouse visa application

Post by nat_west » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:53 pm

Hi all,

I'm hoping you can help me. I recently married my long-term partner who is a Chinese national. She is currently in China. Previously she had been in the UK on a student visa. I do not think we will have any problems filling in the application and providing all the required evidence necessary for the visa application.

However, my only worry is that the place I'll be working is very likely (99%) to change location in mid-to-late March. Same company, just a different city and therefore my address and where my wife will be living will change. I'm currently in a rented property and will move into another rented property when I do move cities.

Will it cause any problems to the application if I change address while it is being processed? Or would it be best to wait until I have moved before submitting the application?

Thanks, Nathan

Laughing-Gas
BANNED

Re: Changing address during spouse visa application

Post by Laughing-Gas » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:56 am

Oh my god, don't do it. Its a criminal offence to change address in UK. You could be arrested.

I mean really? Is this a serious question? How old are you? Do you really think changing an address could cause problems? I mean, do you think you live in North Korea? I am sorry, I don't think moving house will be an offence in North Korea.

Does it work like you just make up problems in your head and start to solve those non-existent problems. I bet you do some silly theoretical kind of work, and you have no idea how the world actually works. :mrgreen:

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:00 am

Laughing-Gas wrote:Oh my god, don't do it. Its a criminal offence to change address in UK. You could be arrested.

I mean really? Is this a serious question? How old are you? Do you really think changing an address could cause problems? I mean, do you think you live in North Korea? I am sorry, I don't think moving house will be an offence in North Korea.

Does it work like you just make up problems in your head and start to solve those non-existent problems. I bet you do some silly theoretical kind of work, and you have no idea how the world actually works. :mrgreen:
You are newly registered. I strongly suggest you read the forum T&C's, as you were required to do on signing up to the forum, and familiarise yourself with the rules about posting, offending and being derogatory towards other users.

Should you persist in this type of posting, your access to the forum will be terminated.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:02 am

nat_west wrote:Hi all,

I'm hoping you can help me. I recently married my long-term partner who is a Chinese national. She is currently in China. Previously she had been in the UK on a student visa. I do not think we will have any problems filling in the application and providing all the required evidence necessary for the visa application.

However, my only worry is that the place I'll be working is very likely (99%) to change location in mid-to-late March. Same company, just a different city and therefore my address and where my wife will be living will change. I'm currently in a rented property and will move into another rented property when I do move cities.

Will it cause any problems to the application if I change address while it is being processed? Or would it be best to wait until I have moved before submitting the application?

Thanks, Nathan
It is fine to move. You can explain the circumstances in a covering letter or in the 'additional information' page of the application form. A letter from your employer will also help to give an overview of the situation.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nat_west
Newly Registered

Post by nat_west » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:24 am

CR001 wrote: It is fine to move. You can explain the circumstances in a covering letter or in the 'additional information' page of the application form. A letter from your employer will also help to give an overview of the situation.
Thank you for your reply and reassurance, I'll make sure I explain the situation fully in my application/cover letter.