ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Application - Settlement?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

singhmohit
United Kingdom

Spouse Visa Application - Settlement?

Post by singhmohit » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:20 pm

Hello,

I'm a british citizen (born in india and been living in UK for last 12 years hence british passport) getting married to my better half in India.

We intend to apply for her visa in a couple of weeks so I have couple of quick questions:

1. When filling up the form on http://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk what options should I select: "Settlement - Wife"?
2. Do we need to pay for her "IHS" or is it health surcharge? When I try to find out the amount she/I need to pay, I dont see the option for UK British Citizen dependent amount - Any suggestions please?

Many thanks in adavce.

Mohit

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse Visa Application - Settlement?

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:36 pm

1. Yes

2. IHS - Immigration Health Surcharge and yes, it must be paid. £600 which works out to £200 per year of visa or part of year visa is granted. There is no such category as 'UK British Citizen dependent'. It is a Settlement Spouse Visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

skp80
Newly Registered

Post by skp80 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:08 pm

You will need to pay the IHS surcharge towards the end of the online visa application process. Once you have confirmed and submitted the online application you will first need to make an appointment at your chosen visa application centre and then you will need to make a payment of £600 to cover the IHS surcharge.

You will not need to choose any further option as when you begin the visa appplication you would have selected 'Settlement - Wife' and this would automatically calculate the IHS surcharge amount you would have to pay.

Hope that helps.

singhmohit
United Kingdom

Post by singhmohit » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:08 pm

skp80 wrote:You will need to pay the IHS surcharge towards the end of the online visa application process. Once you have confirmed and submitted the online application you will first need to make an appointment at your chosen visa application centre and then you will need to make a payment of £600 to cover the IHS surcharge.

You will not need to choose any further option as when you begin the visa appplication you would have selected 'Settlement - Wife' and this would automatically calculate the IHS surcharge amount you would have to pay.

Hope that helps.
Thanks skp80