ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa for wife

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

JS28
Member of Standing

Visa for wife

Post by JS28 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:26 pm

HI All,

I previous had Tier 2 General visa and my wife has a Tier 2 general dependent visa. However, I have now got my ILR.

Can someone pls direct me to the right visa type for my wife as I am getting so many different ones.

Many thanks

JS28
Member of Standing

ILR(10 yrs route) PBS dependent

Post by JS28 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:13 pm

To clarify the post above, I applied through the 10 yrs route. My wife has visa until 2018.

We're planning to travel abroad this year. Can she still use her PBS dependent visa although I no longer have tier 2 and that my ILR wasn't based on PBS?

Does she need to prove her knowledge of English to be eligible for FLR(M)?

Pls can someone answer my queries as we have already booked plane tickets to go back home :(

Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Visa for wife

Post by Casa » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:09 am

As you were granted ILR under the 10 year long residence route, your wife will have to switch to FLR(M) BEFORE she travels.

This will set her immigration clock to zero, putting her on a new 5 year route to settlement (2.5 x 2.5), unless she can reach 10 year long residence before then.

In addition to the visa fee of £811 (postal) or £1311 (in person), she will also have to pay the £500 NHS surcharge. A1 level English required (from May A2 level)
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.