ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child born after ILR Approval BUT 'before' BRP! BC or not?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Egbon
Newly Registered

Child born after ILR Approval BUT 'before' BRP! BC or not?

Post by Egbon » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:52 pm

Hi,
Please can anyone advise what date confirms the beginning of 'settlement' / ILR: the date of the Letter from HO or the Issue Date of ILR BRP card.

I applied for ILR using he PSC in Croydon and got my decision on the same day via a Letter from HO.
However, I did not get my BRP within the 10 working days as stated in the letter. And I then had to contact the HO about this. They eventually sent the ILR BRP but the issue date was more than 3 weeks from the Approval/decision letter from the HO!

This wont be much of an issue except that I gave birth two and half weeks after my ILR Approval letter date but hadn't yet received my BRP. Now it may be complicated applying for a UK passport for the child as the evidence I will submit (i.e. the ILR BRP card) shows a Date of Issue that is AFTER the birth of the child!

Any ideas if the Passport application will be accepted or do I need to submit any supporting docs (what? which?)

Thanks.

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: Child born after ILR Approval BUT 'before' BRP! BC or no

Post by hassanh » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:26 pm

Hi,

The passport application will be successful as you have settlement approval before baby's arrival. You will need to send that ILR approval letter as a proof of settlement.

Thanks

Egbon
Newly Registered

Post by Egbon » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:31 pm

Thanks.

I will try this and see.

Do I then not need to submit the BRP card?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:45 pm

You still need to submit the BRP card.

You will note that the letter you got does not say explicitly that your 'ILR is approved'.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Egbon
Newly Registered

Post by Egbon » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:46 pm

CR001 wrote:You still need to submit the BRP card.

You will note that the letter you got does not say explicitly that your 'ILR is approved'.
Sorry am confused then.
Yes I noticed that on the 3rd page of the letter it states: "These notes are for information purposes only and do not convey the grant of ILR." BUT then the NEXT sentence states: "Your application for indefinite leave to remain in the UK has been approved"!
What date would be recorded as the change of status then?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:09 pm

HO must have changed the letters then. They did not previously state 'your application for ILR has been approved'. Mine certainly doesn't say that and I still have the letter.

Date of ILR is date of letter then, but you will also have to send the BRP.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.