ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Received hearing date for FLRM refusal. Need help. Please

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Saha13
Newly Registered

My FLRO Refused,Please please help me!

Post by Saha13 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:14 pm

I applied for FLRO in October with my husband(he applied for ILR,granted on February). I was planning to vary my application to FLRM on April after doing the 15-16 tax return. Unfortunately I received my refusal letter today with out of country appeal and have to leave UK immediately. I am devastated. Refusal reason not enough reason to claim human right. They have also served Sec 120 of Nationality Immigration and Asylum Act 2002. I want to apply FLRM next week with help of my solicitor as I fulfill financial and English language requirements. My queries:

1. What are my chances to get the FLRM visa?
2. Can I continue with my work after applying the visa?
3. Do I need to send a separate letter to inform changes in circumstances, like my husband is ILR holder, and I meet FLRM criteria and want to apply fresh and then apply for the visa. Or just apply straightaway.
4. As I lost right to work can I still show my last 6 months salary?
5. I am diabetic and also going thru assisted conception process after an ectopic pregnancy last year. i cant just go back as I need my husband.

please help me. You guys are awesome and God bless you for helping people like us. Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: My FLRO Refused,Please please help me!

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:31 pm

Why did you apply on FLR(O) when you were advised to apply FLR(M) using your income as you appear to have met the requirements with your income?

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... l#p1252351
5. I am diabetic and also going thru assisted conception process after an ectopic pregnancy last year. i cant just go back as I need my husband.
HO don't base decisions on 'emotions'. You obviously managed in your home country with diabetes before, so this will make now difference to HO, neither will your desire to have a child. Both treatments are available in most countries.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Saha13
Newly Registered

Post by Saha13 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:36 pm

I thought so,but I was £3600 short when checked properly. I was planning to apply on April after doing the tax return for £3600. I know I should not have waited but what can I do now to get a valid visa. I am mortified. HO has retained my passport as well. Please advise me something.

Saha13
Newly Registered

Post by Saha13 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:39 pm

I do understand that. I know HO does not give importance of emotions and personal circumstances but I hope you do. So I would be thankful if we do not drag that point as I just described my situation. thanks for understanding.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:44 pm

What is or was your income?

Who is waiting to do a tax return (you or your spouse)?

I do understand your emotion and circumstances and I am not an unkind or unfeeling person or targeting you specifically, but I say it like it is and how HO sees things (in black and white, no grey areas), you can be sure that if you raised it with HO, they certainly will drag the point out. It would be wrong of me to sugar coat it for you and provide false hope or expectation.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Saha13
Newly Registered

Post by Saha13 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:59 pm

I understand CR001. Sorry if I sounded rude.
I am waiting to file tax return for 15-16 and vary my application from FLRO to FLRM. I earned around £8600 from my job(six months salary,not sure if I can still use it) an £10000 (from self-employed). But they refused me before that. Met a solicitor he said its a complex issue now but we will apply for FLRM anyway with all documents and cover letter stating the situations. Please advise me what is best thing to do now.

Saha13
Newly Registered

Post by Saha13 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:10 am

I would be really thankful if someone can gelp me or give me some advise. Can I go for FTT and then apply for FLRM? I have no in-country appeal right. I dnt want to loose my job as I look after my parents. Please advise.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:45 pm

Saha13 wrote:I would be really thankful if someone can gelp me or give me some advise. Can I go for FTT and then apply for FLRM? I have no in-country appeal right. I dnt want to loose my job as I look after my parents. Please advise.

I am happy that it was indeed out of country rather than in country.

Quickest option will be to get all documents but in meantime file appeal without fees and withdraw after.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Saha13
Newly Registered

Post by Saha13 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:23 pm

Obie wrote:
Saha13 wrote:I would be really thankful if someone can gelp me or give me some advise. Can I go for FTT and then apply for FLRM? I have no in-country appeal right. I dnt want to loose my job as I look after my parents. Please advise.

I am happy that it was indeed out of country rather than in country.

Quickest option will be to get all documents but in meantime file appeal without fees and withdraw after.
Thanks for replying. Could u please explain why out of country is good as I thought in country appeal is good. I would have got time.
Also can I make a new application in 3 days rather than going for a appeal?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:27 pm

I meant to say in country appeal is better.
You can make a new application within 28 days of section 3C coming to an end.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Saha13
Newly Registered

Post by Saha13 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:43 pm

Thanks Obie. I am really scared that they can detain me or arrest me. I wont be able to cope with that humiliation. But once I apply for the flrm, can they still detain me or something?
They have also send me sec 120 Nationality immigration and asylum act 2002 notice. I am just confused do I need to write separately and then apply or can apply flrm with cover letter explaining everything. They have not sent my passport as well. Can i apply without passport? Please reply and thanks a lot for ur advise. God bless u.

Saha13
Newly Registered

Post by Saha13 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:29 pm

Obie wrote:I meant to say in country appeal is better.
You can make a new application within 28 days of section 3C coming to an end.

Thanks Obie. I am really scared that they can detain me or arrest me. I wont be able to cope with that humiliation. But once I apply for the flrm, can they still detain me or something?
They have also send me sec 120 Nationality immigration and asylum act 2002 notice. I am just confused do I need to write separately and then apply or can apply flrm with cover letter explaining everything. They have not sent my passport as well. Can i apply without passport? Please reply and thanks a lot for ur advise. God bless u.

Saha13
Newly Registered

Received hearing date for FLRM refusal. Need help. Please

Post by Saha13 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:22 pm

image.jpeg
Refusal reason 1
image.jpeg (45 KiB) Viewed 1673 times
Hi. Hope you all doing well. So I have received my hearing date on 10/06/17 almost after an year. I can't afford a lawyer at theirs point so will represent myself.
I applied for FLRM visa on 12/04/16, 18 days after FLRO refusal. For the financial requirement we choose category B. My husband started his salaried employment of £19000 2 weeks before the application. I showed income of £19798(£10600 self employment + £9198 employment). I left my job after getting the FLRO refusal. Basically financial requirement was met through ( £19798 which was the applicant's income from last 12 months and £19000 which was sponser's continuous income). They refused my visa stating the following reasons. Please see the scanned photos.

I want to challenge HO as I believe they were wrong. I would be very grateful if someone can advise me on this matter. Am I correct in this matter or HO gave right decision. Also what are my chances at hearing. Please help me. Thank you.
Attachments
image.jpeg
Refusal reason 2
image.jpeg (38.25 KiB) Viewed 1673 times

Laughing-Gas
BANNED

Re: Received hearing date for FLRM refusal. Need help. Pleas

Post by Laughing-Gas » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:09 am

Couldn't see the files you attached. It says "your do not have the permission". I have no idea how this thing works. What were your reasons for refusal?

(PS. Moderators can you please remove this thin ice thing from my profile. I have got cold and you have put me on ice. :cry: )

Saha13
Newly Registered

Post by Saha13 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:09 pm

Sorry for the delayed response. I am not sure why its not working. I will explain here again. Sorry for the long post.

Applicant Income April 2015-April 2016

Part time-job £1140.30(April 15-June 15)
Full time-job £9198.35(P60, August 15- April 16 left the job after on 4th April after FLRO refused on 22/03/16.)
Self-Employed Income £10600.00 (April 2015- April 2015)

Sponsor Income
Husband got his ILR on 6th Feb 2016 and joined salaried employment on 1st April. His yearly salary was £19000.00.

Total Income received in the 12 months prior to the
date of application (£1140.30+£9198.35+£10600.00)= £20938.65+ £19000.00 Continuous employment

We applied on the basis of CAT B and CAT F combined to meet the financial requirement. When I applied for my FLRM, I left my job but still self-employed. And my application was submitted within 28 days of refusal of FLRO.

HO refused my application stating:
'' You are required to meet the income threshold of £18,600. You have provided evidence to show that you have ceased your employment with **********, and earnings from this employment cannot count towards your annual earnings,in regards to he required threshold,due to you not being a current employee there. It is also acknowledged that your spouse was employed on !st of April 2016 by **********, and you claim that his annual wage was £19000.00. However as your sponsor's employment began less than a month before your application was submitted, he will be unable to submitted the specified evidence required for salaried employment as can be seen in paragraph 2 of Appendix FM-SE below:

2. (a) Payslips covering:
(i) a period of 6 months prior to the date of application if the person has been employed
by their current employer for at least 6 months (and where paragraph 13(b) of this
Appendix does not apply); or
(ii) any period of salaried employment in the period of 12 months prior to the date of
application if the person has been employed by their current employer for less than 6
months (or at least 6 months but the person does not rely on paragraph 13(a) of this
Appendix), or in the financial year(s) relied upon by a self-employed person.
(b) A letter from the employer(s) who issued the payslips at paragraph 2(a) confirming:
(i) the person's employment and gross annual salary;
(ii) the length of their employment;
(iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in
the application; and
(iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency).
(c) Personal bank statements corresponding to the same period(s) as the payslips at
paragraph 2(a), showing that the salary has been paid into an account in the name of
the person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly.

Your spouses employment therefore also cannot be taken into account when measuring your annual income against the required threshold. You have claimed to be earning £10600.00 from self-employment in the UK,however this falls short of the required threshold of £18,600.''

I submitted all the relevant documents for employed and self-employed earnings. We also submitted letter from employer and signed contract of my husband's employment. Also sent a cover letter and his first payslip and bank statement on 7th May 2016(I confirmed by calling HO,they confirmed they have received the documents). Surprisingly we did not receive those documents with our refusal letter, also no mention of those documents in refusal letter.

We have received our hearing date. I want to know how strong is your case. Is it worth going for the appeal hearing or re-apply on April after my husband meet the financial requirement on basis of self-employment for 2016- 2017.
I would be ever grateful if someone can help and advise me on this please. Thank you.

Laughing-Gas
BANNED

Post by Laughing-Gas » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:26 pm

I am finding it difficult to find the correct words in which to explain you the full story. Plus your post confuses too because of mentions of employment that has ceased.

To combine income for self employment and employment, the calculation period should be same ie for financial year ended 5april 16, the employment income should have been received exactly in the same period as financial year of self employment, and add further to this, the jobs should be continuing and self employment should also be continuing. When mixing two categories, you have to meet fully requirements of both categories separately, and you cannot mix incomes of both sponsor and applicant if either of that income source has now ceased.

In a nutshell, it is an headache to mix employment and self employment income.

Saha13
Newly Registered

Post by Saha13 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:29 pm

Hi, What I want to know is:
We applied for FLRM category B. For part 1 of category B we showed my husband's £19000 continuous salaried employment, for part 2 my income received in the 12 months prior to the
date of application £20938.65. I was not working at the time of flrm visa application but earned £20938.65 in last 12 months(Employment+self employed combined). Why did they refuse? Is there something I am missing out here?

Present situation is my partner left the £19000 job last November,but will meet the financial requirement in April(Self-employment). I have received my hearing date for 10/05/2017. At this situation what is the best option for me?

1. Withdraw appeal and re-apply for FLRM? I applied for FLRM 17 days after FLRP refusal(within 28 days category). Got appeal rights when FLRM refused,lodged appeal within 2 days. I meet all other criteria. What are my chances of getting my visa?

2. Should I go back to India and apply spouse visa from there?
Please advise. I am very stressed out and confused. Thank you.

P.S Just saw whoever replied me here is banned. Can anyone else,any moderator can help me with my query. Please,will be a great help.

Saha13
Newly Registered

Applying for spouse visa after Flrm refusal,please advise

Post by Saha13 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:18 pm

Hi. I posted here before but still giving a small summery.
Applied FLRO in 09.10.2015 with husband applied for ILR. Husband got his ILR in February 2016, my FLRO was refused on 22/03/2016. Out of country appeal given,3C ended. Applied for FLRM within 28 days of refusal(exactly 20 days after refusal). Combined Category B and F(did not meet the financial requirement). Flrm refused on 13/06/2016, in country appeal given. Appeal lodged on 16/06/2016 and received hearing date for 10/05/2017.
Now I want to withdraw my appeal and go back to India.Planning to apply spouse visa entry clearance from there. I meet all the requirements now, husband will show category F(2016-2017). I am concerned about the fact that I have overstayed. After FLRO refusal, my 3C ended. I applied withing 28 days and then received in country appeal. But my stay was not valid. Now its a year now( 22/03/2016- March 2017). My question is how this gonna effect my spouse visa application? What are my chances of getting a spouse visa?
I am living in this country since 2009 and worked, payed my taxes and all. No offence, or any breach of condition of my visa. I will probably go back before the hearing. Please give me some of your expert advise. Very worried about my future. Thank you in advance.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:38 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:47 pm

A spouse visa should be exempted from the overstay and re-entry ban. But they may consider 320(11).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Saha13
Newly Registered

Post by Saha13 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:43 pm

vinny wrote:A spouse visa should be exempted from the overstay and re-entry ban. But they may consider 320(11).
Thank you Vinny. I have never frustrated or breached any rule. Though my visa was in process and now in appeal, I realize I am technically an over-stayer. What is the best course of action? Ofcourse I will explain everything in cover letter. Any advice is highly appreciated. Thank you