ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (HSMP)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

touchsensor

FLR (HSMP)

Post by touchsensor » Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:41 pm

Hello everyone,

I have been browsing through all the threads and can't seem to find the answer to my question. My HSMP was approved last month and now I am planning to apply for the FLR (HSMP). I have just moved out of my flat and staying with a close friend till I find a nice place to stay. My friend has no objection about this.

In the FLR(HSMP) form, q.22:
Is your home in the UK : 1) owned by you 2) Rented from a local authority by you 3)Privately rented by you 4)Owned or rented by a relative or friend 5) Other
;

what do I tick? I am confused because I might just stay with my friend for another week or so and will get a place of my own.

Please advise.

Thanks,
P

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:29 pm

While you're staying with your friend, you know which one to tick, right? You can also wait till you get your own place, give that address and tick the appropriate one.

touchsensor

Post by touchsensor » Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:57 pm

Thanks Paul. Following q22, q23 ask about the amount of rent paid.Then I will tick that I ain't paying any rent whilst staying with my friend which is the truth. But what happens if just after I send the application, I find a place I like and move in there. I would be paying rent then. I guess I am worrying myself about these sentence in the caseworkers refusal manual:

" If an applicant submits evidence which shows that he will in the future take recourse to public fund, or will be unable to maintain or accomodate himself without recourse to public fund, the application should be refused".

I guess I am also worried as I just read a thread that EC for someone was refused eventhough he showed £6000.

P

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:59 pm

Hi Touch,

I guess your problem is that you are in a temporary situation at your friend's, "till you find a nice place". If you are not prepared to find a place of your own just for the sake of the FLR application, why don't you split the rent with your friend? That would look more normal. Isn't that your main worry?

touchsensor

FLR (HSMP)

Post by touchsensor » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:05 pm

Yes Paul. You are spot on!

My friend owns the flat (the dad owns it). So rent is not being paid by my friend.

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:22 pm

You can always explain in a covering letter that you are living for free at your friend's place but will be looking for a place of your own and give the estimated rent.

touchsensor

Thanks for your help.

Post by touchsensor » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:35 pm

Perfect Paul. I will do that. Thanks a lot for your help.

P

touchsensor

Another problem

Post by touchsensor » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:25 pm

Hmm....My luck for this year is going worse.....I have been maintaining a buiding society bank account for the last 2 months and am planning to provide that for the FLR funding evidence. Unfortunately, the building society doesn't provide statements on a monthly basis but does on a quarterly basis. Is this sufficient? To make matters worse, my address in my statement is my old house as I just moved...beginning of Feb 08.

Alternatively, is it ok if I just provide my three months payslip showing gross income of £3xxx per month and show my friend's payslips and bank statements (3months as well). My friend's bank balance is around £1500 and he earns £2xxx gross per month.

Please advise.

Thanks.

P

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:49 am

Hi touch,

Are you really suggesting that you want your friend to become your sponsor? I can't see how that will work for FLR HSMP.

One statement covering the last three months should be equivalent to three monthly statements.

In your covering letter, explain that you have just moved out of your previous place, because of xxxxx, you are in temporary accomodation at your friend's and you're looking for a new place.

touchsensor

FLR (HSMP)

Post by touchsensor » Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:45 am

Paul,

I will be showing my payslips which I feel will show my source of income. The friend's bank statement and payslips will be to support my apllication. You think that won't be considered?

The guidance says bank statements or payslips so it is more like either one, No?

Please advise.

Thanks

P

OFCHARITY
Member of Standing

Post by OFCHARITY » Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:59 pm

Why don't you just ask your bank to send you an updated bank statement? It shouldn't be a problem.
'In everything give thanks'

touchsensor

FLR (HSMP)

Post by touchsensor » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:33 pm

Thanks OfCharity. The problem is that I have just moved and my address on my bank statement is my previous address and not my new one. Infact I am between accomodations as I am staying with a friend and am moving to a new place by end of this month. I am trying to save some money by applying before 29/02/08. That's why it is very crucial. Moreover my bank statement is generated after every 25 transactions or quarterly.

P

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:41 pm

It may be a ridiculous question but how far away are you from the 25 transactions?

touchsensor

FLR (HSMP)

Post by touchsensor » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:44 pm

Paul,

I can do as many transactions a day so 25 is achievable within a week. :) But won't they be curious of the over activity?

P

paulp
Diamond Member

Re: FLR (HSMP)

Post by paulp » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:02 pm

touchsensor wrote:Paul,

I can do as many transactions a day so 25 is achievable within a week. :) But won't they be curious of the over activity?

P
Yes, they will get suspicious, hence why I asked how far off you were.

I think you can try your best to get a statement or letter confirming the balance from the building society, and enclose anything you get with your pay slips and current account statements going three months back.

touchsensor

FLR (HSMP)

Post by touchsensor » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:21 pm

Paul,

Thanks for your suggestion. I did speak to my bank and they confirmed that from end of Nov07 to beginning of Feb 08, I have achieved 25 transactions but in Dec 07 my account was dormant as they (building society) was processing the account (which took longer than expected). I do have transaction activity for Nov07 to Feb 08. As it is not a debit account, I withdraw small amounts per day and sometime up to 5 withdrawals per day. But that is my style of maintaining my account and not getting mugged with large amount of money. As I am constantly travelling, I like to carry cash with me just incase as I have had been in situations before where the cash machine was out of order and I had to go a distance to get some cash.... I am happy to provide the statement to them with a cover letter. What do you think?
On contrary my current account has the balance of £6xx and that is not an accepted balance for FLR (HSMP).

Please advise.

P

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:29 am

Sorry touch, I didn't quite get if you could get a printout or statement from Nov 07 to Feb 08 from your building society. If yes, then you're sorted.

I generally prefer to also include current account statements to show inflow of money, even though I don't leave a big balance in there.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:59 am

touchsensor wrote:Paul,

P
It is silly.
There is nothing wrong with a quaterly statement.
And no your friend can't sponsor you so there is no point in submitting is bank statements

touchsensor

FLR (HSMP)

Post by touchsensor » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:37 pm

Thanks Paul. The statement start date is 25/11/07 and end date is 5/2/08. Does that constitute to a 3 months statement?

P

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:14 am

It's just two months but that should do if you enclose your pay slips and maybe current account statements.

touchsensor

FLR (HSMP)

Post by touchsensor » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:56 am

Thanks Paul. As for accomodation I am still staying with my friend so I am asking him to supply a letter to say that I can stay with him for free for 2 months. Is that ok? And I will write a cover letter myself. I have job offers elsewhere and have put in my notice, should I mention this and enclose the job offer? This job pays more as well but contracting.

The new job wants me to start mid March.

Please advise.

Thanks,
P

touchsensor

FLR(HSMP)

Post by touchsensor » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:44 pm

Any comments? :roll:

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:14 pm

You've decided to do an awful lot just before your FLR application, haven't you? If it can't be helped, just explain everything but if you can show enough savings, your employment situation should matter less.

touchsensor

FLR (HSMP)

Post by touchsensor » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:20 pm

Paul, I didn't even think of applying for HSMP but did it because of the job I have work permit for. It wasn't the role I was promised hence I was even contemplating of returning home as I was not happy.

I applied for HSMP and got the approval. Instantly, I put in my notice as I do have two months notice period. This new employer found out I was looking for a role and offered me a position as contract to start with but would want to make it permenant. I am still working though.....

My bank balance shows £3000 and I have family here. My friend is willing to be my sponsor so that is covered I hope. I have a job offer already so isn't that a positive thing?

P

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:13 am

£3000 and job offer with stated hourly rate + estimated hours per month should be ok.