ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employer verification letter

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sandeepmarkandey
Newly Registered

Employer verification letter

Post by sandeepmarkandey » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:30 am

Hi,

I have been living in UK for 8+ years. Currently I am on Tier 2(general) since Oct-14... so for 2+ years. Just prior to this I was working for a different employer for about 4.5 years, out of which last 3 years were on Tier 2 (general). So I qualify for ILR now.

Do I need to provide employer verification letter with SOC code, salary etc from previous employer/sponsor of Tier 2 (General) as well?

Many thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Employer verification letter

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:31 am

No, but your previous employer should provide you with the required absence letter.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:35 pm

From the guide:
Interim caseworker action – missing evidence
If an applicant is required to provide specified documents from their employer explaining their absences and fails to do this, and the absences do not exceed 30 working days plus statutory public holidays per annum ( for example, such absences are likely to be consistent with paid annual leave), you can choose, having regard to all the circumstances of the case, to consider the application without this documentation.

You still need evidence where the absences in a 12 month period (as defined above) exceed 30 working days plus statutory public holidays.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

sandeepmarkandey
Newly Registered

Post by sandeepmarkandey » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:54 am

CR001 wrote:No, but your previous employer should provide you with the required absence letter.
Great, many thanks