ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

oms2000
Newly Registered

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Pro

Post by oms2000 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:04 am

CR001 wrote:
oms2000 wrote:Thanks for reply
my child already have ILR since 15 months ago and he is university student
me already have ILR since 14 months ago
my wife will apply for ILR after one year
can my son apply now with me for naturalization
thanks
The way you wrote your post, it implied that your son was 15 months old or a small child. It really is helpful if members post the full details when asking questions :idea:

If your son is over 18, he applies in his own right and has to qualify on his own with LIUK, B1 English and 5 years residence and be within the absence limit.
Thanks for reply
my child is 17 years old and he is already have ILR since 15 months ago and he is university student
thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:31 am

oms2000 wrote:
CR001 wrote:
oms2000 wrote:Thanks for reply
my child already have ILR since 15 months ago and he is university student
thanks
The way you wrote your post, it implied that your son was 15 months old or a small child. It really is helpful if members post the full details when asking questions :idea:

If your son is over 18, he applies in his own right and has to qualify on his own with LIUK, B1 English and 5 years residence and be within the absence limit.
Thanks for reply
my child is 17 years old and he is already have ILR since 15 months ago and he is university student
thanks
He will qualify for citizenship as a minor once your wife has ILR as far as I am aware. The requirement for children born abroad is that both parents should hold ILR and applying at the same time or already have citizenship to be able to register a child under 18. When does he turn 18?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

oms2000
Newly Registered

Post by oms2000 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:59 pm

If your son is over 18, he applies in his own right and has to qualify on his own with LIUK, B1 English and 5 years residence and be within the absence limit.[/quote]

Thanks for reply

thanks[/quote]
He will qualify for citizenship as a minor once your wife has ILR as far as I am aware. The requirement for children born abroad is that both parents should hold ILR and applying at the same time or already have citizenship to be able to register a child under 18. When does he turn 18?[/quote]
Hello
next July he will be 18

malik15

Post by malik15 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:40 pm

I have a three week old boy. When he was born me and my wife both had ILR. I now have received my naturalisation certificate. As I believe I have to send my BRP back asap what proof will I provide for his passport application? Can I send a photocopy of my BRP to show my status on the day he was born or British passport is sufficient?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:58 pm

malik15 wrote:I have a three week old boy. When he was born me and my wife both had ILR. I now have received my naturalisation certificate. As I believe I have to send my BRP back asap what proof will I provide for his passport application? Can I send a photocopy of my BRP to show my status on the day he was born or British passport is sufficient?
You may experience difficulties proving you were settled at appropriate time. Copy of BRP may or may not be accepted.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

malik15

Post by malik15 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:16 pm

noajthan wrote:
malik15 wrote:I have a three week old boy. When he was born me and my wife both had ILR. I now have received my naturalisation certificate. As I believe I have to send my BRP back asap what proof will I provide for his passport application? Can I send a photocopy of my BRP to show my status on the day he was born or British passport is sufficient?
You may experience difficulties proving you were settled at appropriate time. Copy of BRP may or may not be accepted.
Can my wife apply for his passport using her ILR. Or can I hold onto my ILR card a little longer. On my approval letter it said return the card but didn't mention any timeframe.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:51 pm

malik15 wrote:
noajthan wrote:
Can my wife apply for his passport using her ILR. Or can I hold onto my ILR card a little longer. On my approval letter it said return the card but didn't mention any timeframe.
Wife's ILR card should be sufficient.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sohail78
Newly Registered

Post by sohail78 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:10 pm

Hi i got the citizenship after ceremony today i sent p60 with my application but Ho didn't return them will ho send me back or not second what will happend to all my immigration document from last 13 years HO will keep them or they will discard it thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:47 pm

sohail78 wrote:Hi i got the citizenship after ceremony today i sent p60 with my application but Ho didn't return them will ho send me back or not second what will happend to all my immigration document from last 13 years HO will keep them or they will discard it thanks
You should receive all your original documents back. HO have no reason to keep them. If you applied by post yourself, did you include a pre paid envelope?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

kaushikpaul
Newly Registered

Post by kaushikpaul » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:23 am

Thank-you for the previous reply rwgarding my naturalisation application. I am still a bit confused about proving the residency. My wife is irish and I am struggling to prover her residency. Is this mandatory. As for me I have a letter from one of my previous employer coving 2004 till 2015. I need to cover the remaining. Will my passport with the stamps be enough? How strict are they regarding this. Also as mentioned before as my PR sticker (issued in 2010) dosent mention me being spoke of EEA national do I still have to include my wife's details.

peckhampelican

Post by peckhampelican » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:38 pm

It transpires that the November applications are coming through the approval stage now. The approvals seem to following no particular trend. Some late November applications appear to be approved weeks before the early November applications.

My council was very helpful last week when I called telling me that no certificate on my name was received yet. They said they usually get an email each Wednesday informing them of the new approvals and then the certificates arrive on the following day. I thought this was an interesting piece of information worth sharing here - it may be just specific to my council. On the other hand, we have seen cases here where applicants receive the approval letter way before the council has received the certificate/confirmation.

I am just keeping my fingers crossed and waiting.

wellwisher1928
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by wellwisher1928 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:31 pm

I found in 2 month posts from diffrent members, most of the application which applied by post get quicker response from HO and they get approval. And those who applied only NCS service they get also get approvals quicker than JCAP.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:51 pm

[quote="wellwisher1928"]I found in 2 month posts from diffrent members, most of the application which applied by post get quicker response from HO and they get approval. And those who applied only NCS service they get also get approvals quicker than JCAP.[/q

With NCS/JCAP route you keep all your originals (Passport, BRP, etc) - with postal you wait for your originals 2 months+. So I don't see the point you are making
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

wellwisher1928
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by wellwisher1928 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:59 am

alterhase58 wrote:
wellwisher1928 wrote:I found in 2 month posts from diffrent members, most of the application which applied by post get quicker response from HO and they get approval. And those who applied only NCS service they get also get approvals quicker than JCAP.[/q

With NCS/JCAP route you keep all your originals (Passport, BRP, etc) - with postal you wait for your originals 2 months+. So I don't see the point you are making

I know in NCS and JCAP we can keep our original which good for some urgent travel if required but my point is in most cases i found those member who applied by post they get there approval within 6 to 8 weeks, where NCS and JCAP took longer than that. I found many cases here of our members processing time line they get approval quicker than NCS & JCAP.

Angie77

Post by Angie77 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:46 am

wellwisher1928 wrote:
alterhase58 wrote:
wellwisher1928 wrote:I found in 2 month posts from diffrent members, most of the application which applied by post get quicker response from HO and they get approval. And those who applied only NCS service they get also get approvals quicker than JCAP.[/q

I know in NCS and JCAP we can keep our original which good for some urgent travel if required but my point is in most cases i found those member who applied by post they get there approval within 6 to 8 weeks, where NCS and JCAP took longer than that. I found many cases here of our members processing time line they get approval quicker than NCS & JCAP.
I have to agree. I have noticed it as well. By post seems to be the fastest way. If I knew it before, I would have applied By post.

Summertime76
Newly Registered

Post by Summertime76 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:04 pm

Angie77 wrote: I have to agree. I have noticed it as well. By post seems to be the fastest way. If I knew it before, I would have applied By post.
While being extremely happy with a quick outcome of my postal application, I don’t think there is a straightforward link in processing time between applying via NCS (JCAP) and by post. It must all depend on the case itself and workload of a relevant team. There are stories here of applicants waiting for well over a year, and more in some cases, which have to do with additional checks HO have to run, and application method will make a little difference if any at all.

Angie77

Post by Angie77 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:07 pm

Summertime76 wrote:
Angie77 wrote: I have to agree. I have noticed it as well. By post seems to be the fastest way. If I knew it before, I would have applied By post.
While being extremely happy with a quick outcome of my postal application, I don’t think there is a straightforward link in processing time between applying via NCS (JCAP) and by post. It must all depend on the case itself and workload of a relevant team. There are stories here of applicants waiting for well over a year, and more in some cases, which have to do with additional checks HO have to run, and application method will make a little difference if any at all.

I think postal applications are faster mainly due to the fact that with it most people provide a pre paid special delivery envelope to return all documents and approval letter. If we use NCS is impossible to provide HO with special delivery envelope to return letter and a standard post letter seems to take ages to be received.
NCS also sometimes don't take all documents that would be necessary to make an application straight forward and checkings always take longer.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:21 pm

Angie77 wrote:
Summertime76 wrote:

I think postal applications are faster mainly due to the fact that with it most people provide a pre paid special delivery envelope to return all documents and approval letter. If we use NCS is impossible to provide HO with special delivery envelope to return letter and a standard post letter seems to take ages to be received.
NCS also sometimes don't take all documents that would be necessary to make an application straight forward and checkings always take longer.
It makes no difference on how long it takes regardless of NCS (mine via NCS took 5.5 weeks) or postal, no matter how much you are trying to convince yourself. Approval letters are sent standard 2nd class post and not with the 'prepaid' envelope which is for the supporting documents if applying by post.

Lets not have pages of discussion on this please.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

VinGam
Italy

Post by VinGam » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:41 am

CR001 wrote:It makes no difference on how long it takes regardless of NCS (mine via NCS took 5.5 weeks) or postal, no matter how much you are trying to convince yourself. Approval letters are sent standard 2nd class post and not with the 'prepaid' envelope which is for the supporting documents if applying by post.
I agree,

just look at December timelines. Few people received in 4-6 weeks no matter which method they used.
3 people who did their biometrics in Jan the 7th, the 11th and the 14th already received the letter. They used post and NCS-JCAP.
I did my biometrics the 11th of Jan and still no answer. I sent my application via NCS-JCAP.

There is no standard timeline. It's a combination of things:
- complexity of the case
- type of documents provided
- caseworker (velocity, holidays, sick days etc...)
EEA DCPR timeline
Documents sent: 24.02.16; DCPR received:14.05.16; Total: 80 days
Naturalisation timeline
Document sent: 16.12.16; Biometric: 11.01.2017; Approval 21.02.2017; Ceremony 06.03.2017; Passport Received 13.03.2017; Total: 87 days

peckhampelican

Post by peckhampelican » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:16 am

VinGam wrote: There is no standard timeline. It's a combination of things:
- complexity of the case
- type of documents provided
- caseworker (velocity, holidays, sick days etc...)
I absolutely agree with that position that no general trend can be attributed to approvals. Sometimes it really is a matter of which caseworker it was assigned to and their workload.

I applied on 8th Nov and I am still waiting while others (not many) have been getting their approvals this week. Granted, this is still within the expected waiting times, but what I am trying to stay is that it is hard to extrapolate based on others' timelines.

I was told at the NCS appointment that I have a very straightforward case, but despite that I was briefed at the official line for waiting times is approximately 4 months.

peckhampelican

Post by peckhampelican » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:00 pm

And two days after the post above, I am very happy to share that I received my approval letter this morning. I am well chuffed as I write these lines. This forum provides a rare degree of support and invaluable advice and I wholeheartedly thank CR001 et al. for their efforts in providing accurate information.

A small observation, my letter was approved on 6th Feb and it arrived today on 11th Feb, which is really remarkable.

And now, one is off to celebrate in proper British spirit with tea and scones.

I wish all those awaiting a decision the best of luck with their applications. I will definitely be part of this forum even post-approval.

Best.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:36 pm

peckhampelican wrote:And two days after the post above, I am very happy to share that I received my approval letter this morning. I am well chuffed as I write these lines. This forum provides a rare degree of support and invaluable advice and I wholeheartedly thank CR001 et al. for their efforts in providing accurate information.

A small observation, my letter was approved on 6th Feb and it arrived today on 11th Feb, which is really remarkable.

And now, one is off to celebrate in proper British spirit with tea and scones.

I wish all those awaiting a decision the best of luck with their applications. I will definitely be part of this forum even post-approval.

Best.
Congrats, very please to see your good news. Enjoy your tea and scones :wink:
Char (CR001 not Casa)

derfolo
Newly Registered

Post by derfolo » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:34 am

Hello All,
I have been in UK for over 5 years and will be applying for my British Citizenship and Passport via NCS. I have an ILR (through marriage). Reading through guidance notes on form AN, I understand that biometrics will be required. When I received my ILR in the form of a BRP, I did go through submitting my biometrics. Will I still need to do another round of biometrics after I apply for my citizenship?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Best,
b

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:06 am

derfolo wrote:Hello All,
I have been in UK for over 5 years and will be applying for my British Citizenship and Passport via NCS. I have an ILR (through marriage). Reading through guidance notes on form AN, I understand that biometrics will be required. When I received my ILR in the form of a BRP, I did go through submitting my biometrics. Will I still need to do another round of biometrics after I apply for my citizenship?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Best,
b
Yes, you will have to submit biometrics again once you receive the letter from HO to do so. You submit biometrics at the Post Office (fee is £19.20).
Char (CR001 not Casa)

kthadesh
Newly Registered

Post by kthadesh » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:24 am

Hi,

I gave my biometrics info today for my joint naturalization and passport application. I have a question regarding my signature.

I wasn't able to sign exactly like my signature specimen on the application form. But it was similar.

Could this be a problem with my application? will they contact me if they are not satisfied with my signature?

thank you
keyur