ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Using ILR with another passport

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

thtsejac
Newly Registered

Using ILR with another passport

Post by thtsejac » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:21 am

Hello there,

Could anyone provide help on my queries below please.

I received my ILR resident permit card in July 2012 and it was applied via my British National (Oversea) passport a.k.a BNO which is now expired. Can I use my ILR to enter/work in the UK with a HKSAR passport?

Also, I notice ILR holder must not be away from UK for more than 2 years consecutively. I left the UK in Nov 2015 and have not returned since then and am planning to re-enter this April. If what I mentioned (HKSAR +ILR method) is allowed, would it still show on their systems that I entered into the UK? (I want to ensure my ILR will not be revoked, as I want to settle in the UK in the long run)

Many thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Using ILR with another passport

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:25 am

If you enter the UK now, you cannot obtain work with the ILR sticker anymore. You will have to apply for a BRP card.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

thtsejac
Newly Registered

Post by thtsejac » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:45 am

Hi CR001,

Thanks for the reply. Mine is not a ILR sticker, I have a separate card exactly like the image below
https://www.wmimmigration.com/wp-conten ... 08/brp.jpg

Would you happen to be able to answer my remaining queries?
Manythanks :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:03 am

You should be fine then.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

thtsejac
Newly Registered

Post by thtsejac » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:30 pm

Thanks again for the reply would like to double confirm the following statement is true:

1. HKSAR + BRP allow me to enter and work in the UK (Please note the BRP was applied using my BNO passport not HKSAR)
2. If 1. is true, their systems will show I entered the UK using the BRP? (To make sure I don't violate the 2 years rules should I leave UK in May/June after entering in April)

thtsejac
Newly Registered

Post by thtsejac » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:05 am

Hope someone could help with my questions as I need to decide whether to renew BNO soon.. thanks!