ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Minimum validity before travelling to India with OCI

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kapszone
Newly Registered

Minimum validity before travelling to India with OCI

Post by kapszone » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:52 am

Hi Guys, Please could any one share or advise.

My daughter's passport will expire on 30 May 2017 and we are travelling to India on 24th March with return on 14th April. My daughter has OCI stamp on her passport. Will we be OK to travel given the fact her passport will be expired on May 30th.

The other option is we apply for passport renewal but when I try to renew the passport it asks you to send the original passport back and i am not sure how the OCI still stands valid if old passport gets expired. and even not sure if the old passport will be returned to us.

Thanks
Kaps

kapszone
Newly Registered

Re: Minimum validity before travelling to India with OCI

Post by kapszone » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:56 am

Hi, Please could anyone advise if you have landed up in same situation.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Minimum validity before travelling to India with OCI

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:25 pm

You get the expired passport back. HMPO do not destroy them. Alternatively, apply for same day passport application.

Please ask your OCI questions in the 'Other Countries' forum further down the main page.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.