ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of Name on BRP - Tier 2 (General) Dependant

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shaniuk
Newly Registered

Change of Name on BRP - Tier 2 (General) Dependant

Post by shaniuk » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:16 am

Hi there,
My wife is on Tier-2 (general) dependant visa. She just recently changed her name – included my name as her last name.

I am wondering which form she needs to fill in and how much it is going to cost.
I would appreciate if someone can share the exact link to the form.

We tried to search online, but the information we are getting so far is not helpful.
CHANGE OF CIRCUMSTANCES FORM on https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _04-14.pdf.

The following clause on the second last page is bit confusing:
Additional Guidance for Migrants who are in the United Kingdom as a Tier 2 (General), Tier 2 (Intra Company Transfer), Tier 2 (Minister of Religion), Tier 2 (Sportsperson), Tier 4 (General) Student, a Tier 4 (Child) Student or as the Dependant of a Tier 4 Migrant.
---- he/she should not use this form to notify us of any of the following changes to his/her circumstances: ----

Thank you for your help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Change of Name on BRP - Tier 2 (General) Dependant

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:41 am

The NTL form as the link says that you provided. She must apply for a new BRP. Assuming of course her foreign passport has been changed already.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.