ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stopping payment on NCS + JCAP application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

n8net
- thin ice -

Re: NCS really necessary

Post by n8net » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:39 pm

absolutely not, I am not charging anyone.. in my friends circle I am the guys with some exp with immigration rules and I like to know stuff too.

10 yr ILR post is for the same friend too..he did apply for Tier 1 (Ent.) extension but, while waiting for that, he becomes eligble for ILR under 10 yrs..so I suggested to him he can vary and was just trying to find out more abt it...(They do not have time to do it themselves, being Enterpreneurs they are busy...)

so whenever, some one has problem I ask the questions here.. please feel free to check all my posts, I have been a member for a very long time...

anyway, any idea of avg. time lapse ?

also, can I get your opinion on http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 24644.html

thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: NCS really necessary

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:49 pm

n8net wrote:absolutely not, I am not charging anyone.. in my friends circle I am the guys with some exp with immigration rules and I like to know stuff too.

10 yr ILR post is for the same friend too..he did apply for Tier 1 (Ent.) extension but, while waiting for that, he becomes eligble for ILR under 10 yrs..so I suggested to him he can vary and was just trying to find out more abt it...(They do not have time to do it themselves, being Enterpreneurs they are busy...)

so whenever, some one has problem I ask the questions here.. please feel free to check all my posts, I have been a member for a very long time...

anyway, any idea of avg. time lapse ?

also, can I get your opinion on http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 24644.html

thanks
Suggest in future, ask your 'circle of friends' to register on the forum to ask for clarity on their circumstances, if they really need help, they will make time as after all, it is their status/UK residence at stake not yours. This avoids confusion and a number of what appears to be duplicate or contradictory posts by a single user. You being a member for just short of 4 years doesn't change the fact that people should post their own questions.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

noajthan

Re: Incompetent NCS and English Language

Post by noajthan » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:58 pm

Using NCS does not fasttrack applications!

Simply go to another council who has a slot available sooner.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:06 pm

noajthan wrote:Using NCS does not fasttrack applications!

Simply go to another council who has a slot available sooner.
Think OP had his appointment but is frustrated by being asked for English proof, which he did not submit.
n8net wrote:I had by NCS appointment for JCAP application and the guy hardly checked my application and just skimmed through without paying attention to any of the stuff written. I think he was fully booked for the day and seemed to in a hurry.

To make things worse, he asked me for my degree certificate to prove if I meet English language req. To which I said, I do not need to send as I had settlement after 2013. (I have UK taught Masters degree)

he then called HO, and they even did not have any record of my English req. although I have got ILR bu NOT sending it (as I hv sent with my Tier 1 application previously..) I am not even sure where the original certificate and whether HO actually sent it back to me..the NCS guys said I may be asked to sit the for an English exam...and my application might be delayed..the last thing I want to happen.

I am not sure what to make of this ? How can HO do not have any record of something I had claimed points for two previous applications ?

and do I need to send this for the Citzenship application ? any idea ?

I did sent the application without it anyway (just included the info in the form that I do not need it). - only not to waste the appointment and I cannot afford any delay as I need Briitsh Passport quickly.

going by https://www.gov.uk/english-language/exemptions, looks liek U need it even if u have satisfied for settlement, but the booklet contradicts this ..

any advice and what can I do to make sure this does not delay my application...( I may he the original certificate somewhere, but I have moved houses and its been 8 years since I had it and never needed it, but if that will avoid delaying application I am happy to find it)

any advice from previous exp. anyone ?

thanks
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:02 pm

can some one please answer these questions pls ?

1) Is academic certficate a mandatory req. for Citizenship application when you have got settlement after 2013 ? (leaflet and web link contradict each other)

2) What can I do about the incompetent NCS official ? I did not get good service. any complaint procedure ?

3) What is generally the time delay (from the formum) between application date and passport received date (NCS + JCAP route)

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:18 pm

1. No, but HO can and often do request proof of English even for those who applied for ILR after 28 October 2013. Citizenship requirements and laws are separate and different to PBS or ILR rules.

2. Contact the council. NCS is a council service.

3. It varies from a couple of months to many months. NCS is not a fast track service. There is a strong risk that you will not get your British passport by the time you need to travel, so suggest be prepared.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:34 am

many thanks cr001 for your answers.

1) Do you think it is a good idea for me to send my academic certificate to HO. to avoid any delays. It is just that I did not think it was needed and though NCS was misinformed as I read the guidance and it said it is not needed..Do u aware of anyone who was in similar position ? I know the rules are completely different, but the documentary evidence had been already sent to HO. So, surely they can dig it up from their side ?
But, the NCS when he contacted the HO, said they have no record of me having a UK Masters degree, but in fact they gave me points for Tier 1 (G) extension and ILR settlement ? not sure what to make of this ?

2) I am convinced that passport will not arrive in time barring some miracles and I need to prepare for that. But I am not sure how I can prepare ? do u mean to get a temporary passport from Home country consulate in the UK ? or is there any other way ? (my original Home country passport has expired)

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:38 am

1) Do you think it is a good idea for me to send my academic certificate to HO. to avoid any delays. It is just that I did not think it was needed and though NCS was misinformed as I read the guidance and it said it is not needed..Do u aware of anyone who was in similar position ? I know the rules are completely different, but the documentary evidence had been already sent to HO. So, surely they can dig it up from their side ?
But, the NCS when he contacted the HO, said they have no record of me having a UK Masters degree, but in fact they gave me points for Tier 1 (G) extension and ILR settlement ? not sure what to make of this ?
If HO want to see proof of English, they will write to you. Sending it now will means it will just get lost somewhere as you likely don't have a case reference number yet. HO doesn't 'dig it up' every time someone submits an application. It is the applicants responsibility to ensure they submit what is required and follow the rules/guidance.
2) I am convinced that passport will not arrive in time barring some miracles and I need to prepare for that. But I am not sure how I can prepare ? do u mean to get a temporary passport from Home country consulate in the UK ? or is there any other way ? (my original Home country passport has expired)
If you wish to travel, you will need to apply for a foreign passport and a Schengen visa in the normal way. You cannot re-enter the UK on a temporary passport as far as I am aware.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

n8net
- thin ice -

Stopping payment on NCS + JCAP application

Post by n8net » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:10 pm

Hi,

I recently made a NCS + JCAP application for British passport as my Home passport has expired and I needed a travel document in March for a important travel.

But, looks like re-newing my Home country passport may be quicker than getting the British passport. So, I would like to stop HO taking money out from my ac for the application, there by effectively withdrawing the JCAP application, so that I can renew my home county application.

is this ok ? will this likely to cause problems with my future JCAP applications ?

any advice much appreciated.

thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Stopping payment on NCS + JCAP application

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:19 pm

Why do you need to withdraw or stop payment if you applied through NCS and retained your original documents?

Simply renew your passport and inform HO, if necessary, of the new passport number.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:37 pm

this is because Home country needs certification that I have not applied for British passport...(or not already have it), for them to issue a new Home country passport ?

also, why y u keep merging posts as they are not related, one on making application and other withdrawing ?

or is it now the policy one user can hav just one post in one forum ?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:49 pm

All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.