ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T1 Enterprenuer Extension Employee Question

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

schahzeb
United Kingdom

T1 Enterprenuer Extension Employee Question

Post by schahzeb » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:29 pm

Hi guys,

Not sure if this question has been asked before as i couldn't find the answer anywhere. For showing employees to score points for extension i believe the requirement is only their passport as their ID's. One of my employee doesn't have a passport so i got his birth certificate. Do we need any other document to accompany the certificate and also is the certificate sufficient enough. Another question; I have had in total of 7 employee 4 of them lasted for 6 months each but rest of them lasted only for few months. Do i have to provide details of all of the employee to the home office or just the 4 that were employed for 6 months each.

Thanks in advance.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: T1 Enterprenuer Extension Employee Question

Post by zimba » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:38 pm

schahzeb wrote:Not sure if this question has been asked before as i couldn't find the answer anywhere. For showing employees to score points for extension i believe the requirement is only their passport as their ID's. One of my employee doesn't have a passport so i got his birth certificate. Do we need any other document to accompany the certificate and also is the certificate sufficient enough.
PLEASE read the guide, it clearly says:
Documents kept by an employer as evidence that an employee is a settled worker will often be the passport pages from a UK passport that contain the employee’s personal details, and the page containing the UK Government stamp or endorsement, if appropriate. It may also be the worker’s full birth certificate, showing the name of at least one parent
schahzeb wrote: I have had in total of 7 employee 4 of them lasted for 6 months each but rest of them lasted only for few months. Do i have to provide details of all of the employee to the home office or just the 4 that were employed for 6 months each.
Just the ones you are claiming points for
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

schahzeb
United Kingdom

Post by schahzeb » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:08 pm

Thanks Zimba....was looking for the guidelines but couldn't find the document itself...but I also knew I'll get the information from you quicker than finding the guidelines.

Much appreciated mate.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:57 pm

Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

schahzeb
United Kingdom

Post by schahzeb » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:09 pm

That's great. Thanks a lot.

shan101
United Kingdom

Post by shan101 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:13 pm

Regarding your employee ID:
you would also need to submit the employee proof of name change along with full birth certificate ,in case he/she has changed his/her name since birth, i.e after marriage.
To prevent illegal working you would also need to retain A full birth or adoption certificate issued in the UK which includes the
name(s) of at least one of the holder’s parents or adoptive parents,
together with an official document giving the person’s permanent
National Insurance number and their name issued by a Government
agency or a previous employer.
I also had an employee without passport so I submitted her full BC,marriage certificate (cause she changed her name since birth) and P45 from previous employer.
,How can people find the time to hate while life is too short to love,

schahzeb
United Kingdom

Post by schahzeb » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:49 pm

Thanks shan, in my case luckily it's a guy and has not changed his name so far lol and I hope he doesnt change it any time sooner either..extra work for me.... when did u apply for your extension

shan101 wrote:Regarding your employee ID:
you would also need to submit the employee proof of name change along with full birth certificate ,in case he/she has changed his/her name since birth, i.e after marriage.
To prevent illegal working you would also need to retain A full birth or adoption certificate issued in the UK which includes the
I also had an employee without passport so I submitted her full BC,marriage certificate (cause she changed her name since birth) and P45 from previous employer.

shan101
United Kingdom

Post by shan101 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:20 pm

schahzeb wrote:Thanks shan, in my case luckily it's a guy and has not changed his name so far lol and I hope he doesnt change it any time sooner either..extra work for me.... when did u apply for your extension

I applied on 7th Dec and Bio 29th Dec

schahzeb
United Kingdom

Post by schahzeb » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:15 am

All the best with the decision then. Did you submit proof of NI for all the employees

shan101 wrote:
schahzeb wrote:Thanks shan, in my case luckily it's a guy and has not changed his name so far lol and I hope he doesnt change it any time sooner either..extra work for me.... when did u apply for your extension

I applied on 7th Dec and Bio 29th Dec

shan101
United Kingdom

Post by shan101 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:25 pm

I have submitted one employee Birth certificate ,Marriage certificate and P45 from previous employer (all these three were attached together) and for second employee just a copy of her British Passport.

schahzeb
United Kingdom

Natwest Bank Statement

Post by schahzeb » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:59 pm

Hi Guys,

Another question; My business account is with Natwest and i think i would have to show at least last 1 year bank statement for Enterprenuer extension (correct me if i am wrong). Natwest don't normally stamp the statements so what are alternative options or what my actual options are. Do i have to order it from customer service or in branch printed statement would do. Or is there any way we can get the statements stamped through them as i tried few branches last time and they refused to do it as their company policy.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Natwest Bank Statement

Post by zimba » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:13 pm

Only bank statements printed officially by the bank

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:30 pm

Posts merged.
no need for multiples.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

schahzeb
United Kingdom

Post by schahzeb » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:05 pm

noajthan wrote:Posts merged.
no need for multiples.

Thanks, makes sense

schahzeb
United Kingdom

Re: Natwest Bank Statement

Post by schahzeb » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:14 pm

zimba88 wrote:Only bank statements printed officially by the bank
Thanks for the response Zimba, not sure what would classify original in the eyes of HO. Considering you've been here long enough and read most of the success stories, would you think the statements printed by the bank when you request on the counter as acceptable without stamps. Or would the statement we request over the phone by paying customer service £2 to £5 classify as original? Which one would be the safest way around it as i am sure most of us are on online statements.
I remember couple of year ago when i requested these over the phone the customer service agent said "We would send you copies as well and it would be similar to the one you would get from the branch" and i remember receiving the exact same copies as i got from the branch so had to get them stamped by bank...luckily it was Barclays and they stamped it.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:32 pm

Banks usually print the statements for you and send it to you via post. If the bank prints them for you, it is considers original

schahzeb
United Kingdom

Post by schahzeb » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:43 pm

zimba88 wrote:Banks usually print the statements for you and send it to you via post. If the bank prints them for you, it is considers original
Thanks Zimba, i'll ask Customer Service to post me the statements then, do we need to send only last 1 year business account bank statement.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:24 pm

Thanks Zimba, i'll ask Customer Service to post me the statements then, do we need to send only last 1 year business account bank statement.
There is nowhere in the guide or the rules that you need to send one year business statements.
PLEASE READ THE GUIDE :!:

schahzeb
United Kingdom

Post by schahzeb » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:37 pm

zimba88 wrote:
There is nowhere in the guide or the rules that you need to send one year business statements.
PLEASE READ THE GUIDE :!:
Thanks. i did just after posting the question and i think i got the answer. only place where bank statement is required is when i have to show the director loan money coming into the business account from personal. Also a bank letter to confirm i have a uk business bank account or bank statement to show business is trading. :)

schahzeb
United Kingdom

Post by schahzeb » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:33 pm

Guys, got another question. While checking my statements today for the transfer of director loan I found out one of the transaction i made was from a joint account to my business account. Would that be acceptable or does it have to be from personal account. Would i have to mention anything in the director loan agreement to clarify this or would i need letter from joint account holder to say the money belonged to me.

tier1in2014
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by tier1in2014 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:42 am

schahzeb wrote:Guys, got another question. While checking my statements today for the transfer of director loan I found out one of the transaction i made was from a joint account to my business account. Would that be acceptable or does it have to be from personal account. Would i have to mention anything in the director loan agreement to clarify this or would i need letter from joint account holder to say the money belonged to me.
IN this case send the statement from joint account also covering that transaction as long as it has your name it will be accepted . If you are submitting any joint bank statements make sure to get the signs of joint account holder on application form . Without this HO office might not accept any joint statements .
I am not perfect But I guess no one is ever perfect . We all make mistakes and learn from them. Never give up keep trying until you succeed.

schahzeb
United Kingdom

Post by schahzeb » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:44 am

Thanks, i've been to the bank and changed the account from Joint to Single so hoepfully when i print the statement out it won't have my cousins name on it.

After going through other threads and the ukba guidelines i wasn't able to get a clarification on this - Can someone please advise if a position created in two jobs overlap each other as two of my employee out of 4 were working on a same job post for 2 months in between before one left.

Thanks

kapoorinusa wrote:
schahzeb wrote:Guys, got another question. While checking my statements today for the transfer of director loan I found out one of the transaction i made was from a joint account to my business account. Would that be acceptable or does it have to be from personal account. Would i have to mention anything in the director loan agreement to clarify this or would i need letter from joint account holder to say the money belonged to me.
IN this case send the statement from joint account also covering that transaction as long as it has your name it will be accepted . If you are submitting any joint bank statements make sure to get the signs of joint account holder on application form . Without this HO office might not accept any joint statements .

schahzeb
United Kingdom

Post by schahzeb » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:06 am

Hi Zimba,

any assistance with the below would be appreciated;

"After going through other threads and the ukba guidelines i wasn't able to get a clarification on this - Can someone please advise if a position created in two jobs overlap each other as two of my employee out of 4 were working on a same job post for 2 months in between before one left."

Thanks

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:48 am

For how long did the jobs overlap?

schahzeb
United Kingdom

Post by schahzeb » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:54 am

sm12 wrote:For how long did the jobs overlap?
they both worked 6 months each on same job role but they were on same position for 2 months in between.