ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) - Document Check

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

simonp85
Newly Registered

FLR(M) - Document Check

Post by simonp85 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:22 am

I'd be very grateful for anyone's input on the below document selection for my FLR(M) application due to be made in March.

My partner moved to the UK from Australia in March 2015 on a Tier 5 Youth Mobility, he arrived 6 days after the start date of his visa but various sources including this forum have advised to apply by post before the Tier 5 expires and that by the time the application is reviewed the 2 year period will have been met. Hopefully this will be the case! We've put together the following documents to support the 2 year living period:

Partner:
Job Offer letter - March 2015
Bank Statement - April 2015
Doctor Surgery Enrolment - June 15
HMRC - January 16

Sponsor:
Bank statement - February 15
HMRC - July 15

Joint (Both Names):
Council Tax - June 16
Water Bill - October 16
Joint bank account - November 16
Electric bill - January 17

We have additional statements for different dates and also a few other sources but we're hoping the above is sufficient? We plan to include a cover letter outlining the supporting documents and timelines etc also.

Any advice and feedback would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: FLR(M) - Document Check

Post by Casa » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:33 am

simonp85 wrote:I'd be very grateful for anyone's input on the below document selection for my FLR(M) application due to be made in March.

My partner moved to the UK from Australia in March 2015 on a Tier 5 Youth Mobility, he arrived 6 days after the start date of his visa but various sources including this forum have advised to apply by post before the Tier 5 expires and that by the time the application is reviewed the 2 year period will have been met. Hopefully this will be the case! We've put together the following documents to support the 2 year living period:

Partner:
HMRC - January 16

Sponsor:
HMRC - July 15

Joint (Both Names):
Council Tax - June 16
Water Bill - October 16

We have additional statements for different dates and also a few other sources but we're hoping the above is sufficient? We plan to include a cover letter outlining the supporting documents and timelines etc also.

Thanks!
You haven't mentioned 6 months payslips + the corresponding bank statements and your contract of employment showing that you meet the £18,600 p.a minimum income level. :?:

Proof of adequate accommodation is required.

Also your partner will have to pay the NHS surcharge of £500 in addition to the visa fee as Australian nationals are no longer exempt.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

simonp85
Newly Registered

Post by simonp85 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:52 am

Hi Casa

Many thanks for the prompt reply, very much appreciated.

We're aware of the £500 NHS surcharge that needs to be paid before making the application and have the payslips and corresponding bank statements and letter from employer.

For the proof of adequate accommodation I (I'm the sponsor) planned to include my mortgage statement showing proof of ownership and it is only the two of us there. I hope this is sufficient?

My original list above was to get some confirmation that this would be sufficient to meet the cohabitation requirement?

Thanks again.

MobeenSaeed

Post by MobeenSaeed » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:18 pm

simonp85 wrote:I'd be very grateful for anyone's input on the below document selection for my FLR(M) application due to be made in March.

Partner:
HMRC - January 16

Sponsor:
HMRC - July 15

Joint (Both Names):
Council Tax - June 16
Water Bill - October 16

Thanks!
Well according to the below link, on pages 65-66, the following criteria needs to be met, in your specific case:

"The dates of the items of correspondence should be spread evenly over the whole period you
are relying on. They should be from at least 3 different sources. If you do not have enough items
in your joint names, you may also provide items addressed to each of you individually if they
show the same address for both of you.
For example - Four items of correspondence in joint names to the same address and two items
addressed to each partner at the address. In total eight items would need to be submitted."

So, yes, what you have provided will be sufficient, I believe!

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 2-2016.pdf

simonp85
Newly Registered

Post by simonp85 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:04 pm

So, yes, what you have provided will be sufficient, I believe!
Thanks for this. We will likely include surplus and ensure the spread of documents over the 2 years.

Just working on the accommodation section now and then I think we're sorted other than keeping everything firmly crossed for a couple of months!

MobeenSaeed

Post by MobeenSaeed » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:58 pm

simonp85 wrote:Thanks for this. We will likely include surplus and ensure the spread of documents over the 2 years.

Just working on the accommodation section now and then I think we're sorted other than keeping everything firmly crossed for a couple of months!
That's the question really, what is meant by:

"The dates of the items of correspondence should be spread evenly over the whole period you are relying on. They should be from at least 3 different sources."

I say this, because, it's ambiguous when focusing on the highlighted text, it can be interpreted in more than one way!

But, how I interpret it is, you should have at minimum 3 sources, but of the 3 or more sources you use, use it more than once, as in, for different months of the same year and/or different years. That way it covers the "spread evenly" of the criteria.

So, in your case, for the joint correspondence, it only focuses on 2016, and the sources you use, it's only for a specific month and not months. But your single correspondence is spread over 2016 and 2015, but the same problem arises, it focuses on one single month and not months. So, to be on the safe side of "spread evenly", use more months of the same year and different years as well, and, then you will meet the criteria, I believe.

Hope this helps!

simonp85
Newly Registered

Post by simonp85 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:09 pm

Hmm I've interpreted it a different way. To me it doesn't seem that each source has to be spread over 2 years, but that all the documents you submit should be spread to cover the whole time. My interpretation is that these requirements are independent of each other.

That said, where possible we will certainly include more monthly coverage and give them extra above the 6 requirement.

Thanks again for the advice.

MobeenSaeed

Post by MobeenSaeed » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:21 pm

simonp85 wrote:Hmm I've interpreted it a different way. To me it doesn't seem that each source has to be spread over 2 years, but that all the documents you submit should be spread to cover the whole time. My interpretation is that these requirements are independent of each other.
Exactly. That's another way to interpret it, specifically, that it means cover the entire 2 year period, hence, why I wrote initially "So, yes, what you have provided will be sufficient, I believe!" because I was going by that interpretation. That is why I mentioned, to be on the "safe side" cover the other interpretation, as well, because as we both know, the HO are pretty vague when it comes to explaining the intended meaning of certain words :lol:

MobeenSaeed

Post by MobeenSaeed » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:48 pm

Just realised I've been an eejit, specifically, the HO has not been vague in their intended meaning in regards to the following:

"The dates of the items of correspondence should be spread evenly over the whole period you
are relying on. They should be from at least 3 different sources."

This on it's own, the interpretation is vague, but when you use the following information:

"Six items of correspondence addressed to you and your partner at the same address as
evidence that you have been living together since your last grant of leave in this category, or
from the date you first started living together up to a maximum of two years."

It becomes extremely clear how to space it out. So, for example, the 3 sources you can use is, water bill
joint bank account and electric bill and 2 "items" from each of these sources. The items being letters sent to you. And, now, to spread them out evenly, you space them out, 4 months apart, because that way you'll cover each and every since your last date that your visa was granted!

So, the first item of the first source, for example starts January, the second item of the same source starts on February of the same year. Then, the next 2 items of the second source start 4 months apart from each of those dates! This way, the same principle applies if you don't have 6 items in joint correspondence!

susie89
Newly Registered

Post by susie89 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:39 pm

Partner:
HMRC - January 16

Sponsor:
HMRC - July 15

Joint (Both Names):
Council Tax - June 16
Water Bill - October 16

Thanks!
Hi

I'm actually in the exact same situation as your partner! On a Tier 5 from Australia that started 30 August 2015. I have a tenancy agreement with my partner from 1 September 2015... so I will be a few days short of 2 years if I apply before my visa ends on 30 August 2017. I'm also considering sending in the application by post so that, by the time it is considered, it will have been two years.

Would you be kind enough to post back on this forum after you've received a response from the Home Office? If it works out OK for you then I will breath a sigh of relief!

For what its worth, I have interpreted the 3 different sources/6 different items of correspondence thing the same as you.

Good luck!

simonp85
Newly Registered

Post by simonp85 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:59 am

Yes absolutely I'll post back with the outcome. We've pretty much got everything ready to submit now so will just be a case of waiting and keeping everything crossed!

susie89a
Newly Registered

Post by susie89a » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:27 pm

simonp85 wrote:Yes absolutely I'll post back with the outcome. We've pretty much got everything ready to submit now so will just be a case of waiting and keeping everything crossed!
Hey Simon. Did you get a response from the Home Office yet? Just wondering as I'm in the same situation as you! (same user as above - just had to change my username as I couldn't log on!). Hope your application was successful.

Tralai
Newly Registered

Post by Tralai » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:40 pm

simonp85 wrote:Yes absolutely I'll post back with the outcome. We've pretty much got everything ready to submit now so will just be a case of waiting and keeping everything crossed!
We have the same situation and I'll be applying the visa in late September. Hope to see your update soon.

simonp85
Newly Registered

Post by simonp85 » Mon May 15, 2017 2:40 pm

susie89a / tralai

We got the decision back last week and delighted to say the application was accepted. So 30 months grant to remain. Hurray! As I said above we were 6 days short of two years when the application was posted but thankfully it seems there is a small bit of leeway here. Of course this may be different for other applications but very pleased it's been ok here.

From posting to receiving the decision it took 7 weeks.

Good luck with your own applications!