ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Australian National settlement in uk

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kasethi
Newly Registered

Australian National settlement in uk

Post by kasethi » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:49 pm

Hi,

My father lives in Australia and he has Australian nationality. He is 75 year old.

I am British national and wanted to find out if there any way my father can permanently settle in UK. I would appreciate if some one can advise what are the options he has.

Also if he can get medial facilities while staying in UK.

Many Thanks,
Kashif

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Australian National settlement in uk

Post by Wanderer » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:04 pm

kasethi wrote:Hi,

My father lives in Australia and he has Australian nationality. He is 75 year old.

I am British national and wanted to find out if there any way my father can permanently settle in UK. I would appreciate if some one can advise what are the options he has.

Also if he can get medial facilities while staying in UK.

Many Thanks,
Kashif
Student or work permit, neither particularly sound at his age mind....

ADR visa, costs a lot and has a 99.9999% denial rate, and you'd have to underwrite NHS expenses etc...

Only option left is relocate to EU for a year or so, moving the entire family and whole centre of life, and return to EU after this period, trouble is twofold, Brexit and UK closing the door anyway because of the fact it's an attempt to circumvent UK immigration law.

Probably much much easier if you relocate to Oz to support him.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:27 pm

kasethi wrote:My father lives in Australia and he has Australian nationality.
Does your father have either a parent or a grandparent born in the UK?
Wanderer wrote:ADR visa, costs a lot and has a 99.9999% denial rate, and you'd have to underwrite NHS expenses etc...
The rates for ADR are not that dismal, Wanderer. The rejection rate is about 78%, including after successful appeals. And apparently, the reason for keeping ADRs as automatic ILR is so that they can use NHS facilities.

But for the application to succeed, you need to prove that (a) your father needs assistance with daily basic needs-washing, bathing, etc AND (b) that such care is either unavailable or unaffordable in their home country.

See this thread for a fuller discussion on Adult Dependant Relatives.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

BClassBritish

Post by BClassBritish » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:09 pm

Kashif,

Sounds like you have a sub continent back ground which means you will probably be quite desperate to keep your dad with you as its our culture.

As people have said before me the adult dependent route is near impossible. I am going through this right now and would not advise my worst enemy to apply under this category. You will get shafted by lawyers like no tomorrow. UK HO will lie, cheat and deceive you. If nothing works they will delay the application for years.

So your realistic option is to move to another EU country and bring your father over there. You would need to show financial dependency of your father on yourself. Even if brexit means you wont be able to come back to the UK atleast you would be able to sleep easy at night knowing you are not failing your father in his last days.

All the best :)

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:30 pm

@BClassBritish, kindly tone down the anti-HO rant element of your repeated posts as they are unsubstantiated.
And, if substantiated, you would be better off prosecuting your grievances via other channels.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

BClassBritish

Post by BClassBritish » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:50 pm

Sorry I am going through quite a traumatising time regarding my fathers case atm so all the negative sentiments just bubble up. I will try my best not to in future. Thanks.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:55 pm

BClassBritish wrote:Sorry I am going through quite a traumatising time regarding my fathers case atm so all the negative sentiments just bubble up. I will try my best not to in future. Thanks.
The fact that its a troubling and challenging time is understood.
Good luck.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.