ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Some Good news!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

safarigirl
Newly Registered

Some Good news!

Post by safarigirl » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:35 pm

I have used this site for advice over the last 2 years and thought I would post some good news as it seems to get gloomier and gloomier on here!

I first posted in April 2006 when my then fiance had his fiance visa refused after the ECO discovered that he had an entry stamp to his home country back dated. He hadn't done it to cover up an illegal overstay but had stupidly thought that it would would be easier than explaining why his visa had expired when he left the country (he actually had another visa application in process at the time but had to return home quickly when his father died).

Anyway...
All quite horrible, the ECO was very cruel and abusive and told him he would never return to the UK and his passport was confiscated. We had to cancel our wedding after not surprisingly having 2 more visa applications refused in June and July.

We then married in his country and I moved there in November 2006. I've been working fulltime since then and he is building up his own business. I am now 5 months pregnant but intend to give birth in the UK.

After loads of advice we applied for a 6 month visitor visa for him including absolutely everything we could to show that we have strong ties here at the moment and a genuine relationship.

It was granted within 24 hours without him even needing to attend for interview!! :D

Needless to say, we are overjoyed! I was already getting ready for an appeal or re-application.

I would advise anyone out there with a less than spottless visa history but a genuine relationship to be patient and do their research as it will probably pay off in the end.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:19 pm

Interesting and how did they know the backstamp was not legitimate.

safarigirl
Newly Registered

Post by safarigirl » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:36 am

Am not 100% sure how they discovered it initially. I've heard that they use special lights to check stamps in passport and my husband's was taken away and stamped so maybe they didn't use an official date stamp. On the day of his interview though they then asked which flight he'd come back on and checked the passenger manifest which obviously you can't fake.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:04 pm

That is wonderful news. By having this visa, and by sticking to the terms, it will make any future settlement application much easier for him.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!