ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Category A Settlement Visa from India to UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

badayuni92

Category A Settlement Visa from India to UK

Post by badayuni92 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:59 pm

Hi i would be so grateful if someone could kindly help me.

I am a british citizen i married my wife (indian citizen) in india on 26th December. On 17th January 2017 i submitted the online application for Category A settlement visa and on 19th January 2017 we had the appointment at VFS Hyderabad to submit all the necessary documentation.

Since this date i have had no update regarding my application, from other threads i have read you normally get an email saying the application has been received at the BHC in Chennai. I have had nothing when i log on to the visa4uk site it just says completed and neither of us have had any emails.

Can someone tell me in their experience what correspondence you normally get from the BHC. I am worried that our application has been overlooked.

Also i only submitted 6 months bank statements and around 7 months payslips. I could not submit my december payslip as this was posted to me when i was already in india. However from the december bank statement you could see the salary being paid in.

Also i submitted bank statements which were PDF documents from the royal bank of scotland online service. Will the BHC ask me to resubmit an atested copy or will they simply refuse? If they need anything extra do they generally request it or just refuse the application?

Any help and experiences would be most appreciated

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Category A Settlement Visa from India to UK

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:07 pm

Also i only submitted 6 months bank statements and around 7 months payslips. I could not submit my december payslip as this was posted to me when i was already in india. However from the december bank statement you could see the salary being paid in.
You should have submitted the December payslip. Your most recent payslip should not be older than 28 days, which a November payslip clearly is and if you submitted a December bank statement, it is mandatory to submit the corresponding payslip.
Also i submitted bank statements which were PDF documents from the royal bank of scotland online service. Will the BHC ask me to resubmit an atested copy or will they simply refuse? If they need anything extra do they generally request it or just refuse the application?
It is mandatory to submit original documents.

HO are unlikely to chase applicants for original documents, they usually just refuse the application as the rules/guidance is very clear on these points.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

badayuni92

Post by badayuni92 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:08 pm

Hi do you know if it will be possible to submit my december payslip and atested bank statements now? Or are you not allowed to do that?

badayuni92

Post by badayuni92 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:22 pm

Hi everyone, thank you for the reply thus far. Does anyone know how i can resend my december payslip and atested bank statement to the HCO. The application was submitted to in Hyderabad India

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:36 pm

You need original bank statements.

Unlikely you can submit extra documents now as your application is likely already at the UKVI offices and being processed and not at VFS any longer.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

badayuni92

Post by badayuni92 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:55 pm

Hi thanks so much for your help. Do you know how i can get in touch with them? And are there instances when an Immigration Officer would give the benefit of doubt and give me the opportunity to submit again?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:14 pm

badayuni92 wrote:Hi thanks so much for your help.
You can try contact VFS where you submitted the application
badayuni92 wrote:Do you know how i can get in touch with them? And are there instances when an Immigration Officer would give the benefit of doubt and give me the opportunity to submit again?
No, I don't know of any such applicants given an opportunity for applications outside the UK. UKVI don't general chase applicants outside the UK for missing documents. It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure everything has been submitted per the rules and guidance. If documents are missing, an application is usually refused and you will have to apply again.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

badayuni92

Post by badayuni92 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:44 pm

Thanks Cr001 for your help. One final question, i have doubled checked the online bank statements and they are original documents so not worried about those.

I submitted a cover note with my payslips stating i was in India and the payslip had been issued in the UK whilst i was in india. On the strength of this would an ECO give us that opportunity to resubmit. Seem so unfair to refuse simply on that basis especially with the ridiculous amount of money it costs

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:57 pm

badayuni92 wrote:Thanks Cr001 for your help. One final question, i have doubled checked the online bank statements and they are original documents so not worried about those. Online bank statements MUST be stamped and signed by your bank. You stated you submitted PDF copies (which can be edited).

I submitted a cover note with my payslips stating i was in India and the payslip had been issued in the UK whilst i was in india. On the strength of this would an ECO give us that opportunity to resubmit. Maybe, but probably not.

Seem so unfair to refuse simply on that basis especially with the ridiculous amount of money it costs As I said, it is the applicants responsibility to submit everything the form asks for. It is a tick box exercise by UKVI, no emotion. This is why applicants wait till they have everything before applying, even if it means being separated from their spouses.

Thanks
Char (CR001 not Casa)

moinrafkhan7863
Newly Registered

Post by moinrafkhan7863 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:06 pm

CR001 wrote:
badayuni92 wrote:Thanks Cr001 for your help. One final question, i have doubled checked the online bank statements and they are original documents so not worried about those. Online bank statements MUST be stamped and signed by your bank. You stated you submitted PDF copies (which can be edited).

I submitted a cover note with my payslips stating i was in India and the payslip had been issued in the UK whilst i was in india. On the strength of this would an ECO give us that opportunity to resubmit. Maybe, but probably not.

Seem so unfair to refuse simply on that basis especially with the ridiculous amount of money it costs As I said, it is the applicants responsibility to submit everything the form asks for. It is a tick box exercise by UKVI, no emotion. This is why applicants wait till they have everything before applying, even if it means being separated from their spouses.

Thanks
Hi Cr001 i had set up another account as i couldnt log in using the original one i set up. Anyway i have now received the below email. Can you tell me or does anyone else know how you get the supporting documents to Sheffield, where do you post them to etc?

Your online application has been received in Sheffield, UK. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer.

If you have made a Settlement application (except for applications lodged in USA and Canada): you must ensure that your UK sponsor has sent all relevant supporting documentation to the visa section in Sheffield. The documents should be arranged in this order: application form and relevant Appendix* (See below); English language evidence; relationship documents; maintenance documents; accommodation documents. If documents are not received a decision will be taken on the basis on the information that has been provided.

Please note that UKVI aims to complete all Visit Visa applications within 15 working days and all Settlement Visa applications within 12 weeks of the application date. If it is not possible to complete your application within this timeframe a member of our team will contact you to explain why.

If you have paid for Priority Service, your application will be placed in front of the queue and assessed ahead of other non-priority visa applications. As indicated in the terms of service, the amount paid for the priority service, as well as the visa fees, is not refundable if the visa application is refused or if the decision is delayed.

We regret that we are unable to respond to enquiries asking about the status of any application. Any status enquiry should be made to the international enquiry service, details of which are on the GOV.UK website. Staff at Embassies, visa processing centres and visa application centres cannot assist with visa enquiries. You may also wish to view the current processing times for applications made in your country.

A further email will be sent to you to confirm when your application has been assessed and dispatched. If your application was made in a Visa Application Centre, the staff there will contact you when your documents are ready – please do not attend the Centre until you are requested to do so.

Please note that you are advised not to purchase flight tickets until you have secured a visa for travel to the UK.

*List of Appendices:
Appendix 1 - Children / Other Dependants
Appendix 2 - Spouse / Partner
Appendix 4 - Pre-flight family members of Refugees
Appendix 5 - Access Rights to Child

Further information is also available on the UK visas and immigration website.

Kind regards,

Sheffield Visa Section

moinrafkhan7863
Newly Registered

Spouse visa from India - supporting docs - Sheffield??

Post by moinrafkhan7863 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:24 pm

Does anyone know what number to call? I want to send some more documents? Who do you sent to? What address in Sheffield and do you have to include a cover letter? Please help

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:24 pm

Settlement applications
The Portergate – Level 1 (Home Office - UKVI)
257 Ecclesall Road
Sheffield
S11 8NX
United Kingdom
Char (CR001 not Casa)

moinrafkhan7863
Newly Registered

Post by moinrafkhan7863 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:05 pm

Thanks CR001 they told me at the time of submitting that scanned copies woukld be sent electronically. Is this not the case and do i need to submit again? Also i did not send an atested bank statement or my december payslip does this now mean i have another chance to

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:09 pm

You need to follow the instruction in the email, that is why it was sent to you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

moinrafkhan7863
Newly Registered

Post by moinrafkhan7863 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:12 pm

Thanks Cr001 for the advice much appreciated. I have one other question, i have applied for categroy A so my income for more than 6 months is above £18+ threshold. In addition to the earnings threshold do you have to have a certain amount of money in your bank account at the end of every month, if you have very little left at the end of every month is that a reason for refusal?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:19 pm

No, there is no requirement to have X amount in your account at any point in the month. You only have to meet the income requirement.
Char (CR001 not Casa)