ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

urgent help pls

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Fahadh
Newly Registered

urgent help pls

Post by Fahadh » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:24 am

I am applying for my extension soon isn't solicitor has confused me

1) I was registered as a director for company With in 6 months And ran a company for more than a year and then I resigned my solictor is saying as I have resigned from the company A I won't get points for registered within 6 months and continuous business engaged activity (because one needs to be the director of the company A till extension to score for both the points) it doesn't matter you are registered with company b or not please note I registered for company B as soon as I resigned from company A which was in 2015 and m currently running Comoany B till date and is engaging continuously in business.

In short I want to ask seniors is my solicitor right or we can resign from the company we were registered with in 6 months and move on registered director in another company please confirm will I get the point of not for continuous business activity and registered within 6 months?

Vish79k
Mood:
India

Re: urgent help pls

Post by Vish79k » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:34 am

Please Give me your timelines for the date For your CO-A Incorporation , Then your Date of VISA issued and the date for your CO-B Incorporation date.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:41 am

Your solicitor is wrong !
You simply need to be registered within 6 months but you are free to move on to another business at any time. In fact you can score your points across multiple businesses if you wish.

This is very clearly mentioned in the guide:
144. We recognise that you may have moved on and no longer be engaged in the business in which you were originally working when you first entered the Entrepreneur category , but we still require evidence that you were engaged in business within 6 months of entering the route.
I am seeing a pattern on this forum now. Many people on here are mislead by inept solicitors and most are being refused visas. I suggest to fire your solicitors and read the guide yourself. Why most people on here think solicitors are necessary ?? :?

Please read the guide: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... trepreneur
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Vish79k
Mood:
India

Post by Vish79k » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:49 am

Zimba is great Fahadh :) and he is right about the so called solicitors, Thanks Zimba. go Ahead and apply and dont panic . Just make sure you follow the policy guidelines and leave the rest to the man upstairs. I understand the pain you may have gone through to come to this stage and its not easy. All the best and do check on this forum and contribute. cheers

Jazz2007
Member of Standing

Post by Jazz2007 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:01 am

zimba88 wrote:Your solicitor is wrong !
You simply need to be registered within 6 months but you are free to move on to another business at any time. In fact you can score your points across multiple businesses if you wish.

This is very clearly mentioned in the guide:
144. We recognise that you may have moved on and no longer be engaged in the business in which you were originally working when you first entered the Entrepreneur category , but we still require evidence that you were engaged in business within 6 months of entering the route.
I am seeing a pattern on this forum now. Many people on here are mislead by inept solicitors and most are being refused visas. I suggest to fire your solicitors and read the guide yourself. Why most people on here think solicitors are necessary ?? :?

Please read the guide: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... trepreneur
+1

Dear Fahad,

Please include CAR(include resignations) of Company A with your extension application.You can fulfill this point from the filing history page CAR.
Dont forget to mention this is your Covering Letter.

If you have invested and created jobs in Company B, It will make easy for CW to go through the docs.

There are number of examples on this forum who are interviewed if this kind of complex issues arise.You can avoid this by explaining your situation clearly in the Covering letter with required documents.

Best of Luck!!

Fahadh
Newly Registered

Post by Fahadh » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:32 am

Thanks everyone for your help

So what I understand from you guys is for Company A I will be awarded 20 points for being Registered WITHIN 6 MONTHS even though I RESIGNED

For company B Whixh was registered after MORE THAN ANYEAR AGO I got my VISA and still I m registered with it so I will be awarded 15 points for being the director and engaged in continuous business activity

So in above mentioned scenario I m safe and will be awarded 35 points.

Please correct me if i m wrong also if that's the case I will neee to fire the solicitor now.

Jazz2007
Member of Standing

Post by Jazz2007 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:13 pm

Fahadh wrote:Thanks everyone for your help

So what I understand from you guys is for Company A I will be awarded 20 points for being Registered WITHIN 6 MONTHS even though I RESIGNED

For company B Whixh was registered after MORE THAN ANYEAR AGO I got my VISA and still I m registered with it so I will be awarded 15 points for being the director and engaged in continuous business activity

So in above mentioned scenario I m safe and will be awarded 35 points.

Please correct me if i m wrong also if that's the case I will neee to fire the solicitor now.
Time Gap between resigning Company A and Joining Company B is questionable(if its long) and as a Entrepreneur, Rules require your business to be active throughout period of grant.

tier1in2014
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by tier1in2014 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:07 pm

if you were Registered WITHIN 6 MONTHS you are safe for that and if you resign and switch to different company either as Ltd Company director or as self employed any time during your leave its fine But you have to be active in one business all the time . It will depend when you resigned from Com A and when you start another business . I think its always good idea to start another business before resigning from current company . If you give more specific dates I am sure Gurus will be able to answer you more accurate.
I am not perfect But I guess no one is ever perfect . We all make mistakes and learn from them. Never give up keep trying until you succeed.

Fahadh
Newly Registered

Post by Fahadh » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:44 pm

Hi I resigned from company A and registered as company b director in Just over 2 months gap in between I was reading the guideline which says u have to prove that you were registered as a director in the last 3 months

Please help

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:22 pm

Fahadh wrote:Hi I resigned from company A and registered as company b director in Just over 2 months gap in between I was reading the guideline which says u have to prove that you were registered as a director in the last 3 months

Please help

Just must be registered within 6 months & being registered/engaged in business within 3 months of applying for extension
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Fahadh
Newly Registered

Post by Fahadh » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:45 pm

Thanks Zimba and others

According to you guys I am safe and will get points for both the requirements I was sad and depressed when solicitor told me you cant resign from the company A. Thanks for making my day.

businessmen aces
India

Post by businessmen aces » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:05 am

Fahadh wrote:Thanks Zimba and others

According to you guys I am safe and will get points for both the requirements I was sad and depressed when solicitor told me you cant resign from the company A. Thanks for making my day.
Now you should withhold solicitor payment if not already paid and claim damages from them for giving wrong advice. Most immigration solicitors are not qualified to give immigration advice and have not read full guidence they just open small shops on high street with very limited knowledge. They all deserve nice big kick on backside :D

Fahadh
Newly Registered

Post by Fahadh » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:25 am

Your are right mate when I will get visa I will claim for damages lol I spoke to him yesterday still he believes that he is right that one cannot resign from the company we were registered within 6 months also he believes won't get points for continuously engaged in business activity points.