ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Etr. Ext. Application in April 2016 - Still no news

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sukantac1
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Etr. Ext. Application in April 2016 - Still no news

Post by sukantac1 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:59 pm

Hi,
I had applied in April 2016 for my T1 Entr. Ext.and still have not heard back from HO. Is it still within the current average time frame or do I need to panic and should try to contact HO to ask if this can be expedited?
Has anyone been through similar experience?
Very worried as finding very hard to make Agencies understand that I can continue to work while my VISA is under processing. They every time check with online eECS and I receive Negative as ECS can't say i can work as this is for the Employees and I am not. They don't have any specific way to provide Check for the Contractor other than the verbal confirmation that as Contractor I don't need any check which Agencies are not ready to listen. Lost a huge contract with a Bank recently. Very upset.
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 1 Etr. Ext. Application in April 2016 - Still no ne

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:07 pm

Very worried as finding very hard to make Agencies understand that I can continue to work
Are you working as employee through agencies?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tier1enterpreneur

Post by tier1enterpreneur » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:21 pm

Wow that is really long. If I was you I would google the local MP and explain him that the visa is taking forever. May be this could help. Not sure if u have already gone that route. Sorry about the loss of ur contract but there is nothing you can do but wait.
Tier 1 Entrepreneur

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:28 pm

The waiting time is now really long for some applicants, somewhere around 10 months.
A client must not care about your right to work or immigration status unless you are working in capacity of an employee for them.
Contract work in capacity of an employee is NOT allowed under Tier 1E rules. If you have been working like that, you are in breach of the conditions of your visa.

See: http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 23604.html
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

mcr2013

Post by mcr2013 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:01 am

have u been called for interview so far? any ihs refund? coz i have seen mostly those applications are delayed where applicants are called for interview

sukantac1
Newly Registered

Post by sukantac1 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:39 pm

Many thanks Zimba for the info.
It was slightly confusing scenario and I am to blame for that. No, I have never worked as an "employee" under any contract with any Agencies.
Yes, I am aware of the rules mentioned in the URL and IR35 ones as well.
Thanks

fakhara
Newly Registered

Post by fakhara » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:38 pm

Hi every one
I applied tier1 ext on 29 step after two week I did my fingerprints
16 nov 2016 I got my IHS back only 200 but now I am still waiting my answer
No interview no any other type of letters
anybody tell me if they call interview they send you latter plus email because I am thinking I miss something or not
Or I can write letter to home office about my application becuse now more than 4 month if yes please Also tell me email address
Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:57 pm

Please wait to hear back from HO. The waiting times are long these days :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

businessmen aces
India

Post by businessmen aces » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:33 pm

Yes really long i am waiting almost 8 months they don't want to loose talent from this country so they keep our passports for almost 1 year to make sure we don't leave the country otherwise UK economy will go down even more :lol: :lol: