ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SARAL and Self Assessment

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Arif
Newly Registered

SARAL and Self Assessment

Post by Arif » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:32 pm

Hi ppl. I read in the HSMP guidelines that they do not accept Self-Assessed Tax Documents as they are not independant. However, in the defination of Tax returns they have said that it denotes:

"a document generated by yourself/the business/the company for the purposes of an official return to a tax authority, showing details of your earnings on which tax has been paid/is to be paid in a tax year, which has been 'approved/registered/stamped' by the tax authority e.g. SARAL in India."

My question is that is the SARAL form not self assessed, and then subsequently accepted by the Tax authority and then signed and stamped? If so, then what is the difference between self-assessed and approved/registered/stamped?

deepakad
Newly Registered

Post by deepakad » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:17 am

I think you have to submit FORM 16 and tax return submit acknowledgement proof . Saral form are changed in india from last year, its some ITR now i guess.

Arif
Newly Registered

Post by Arif » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:33 am

In the caseworker manual, it specifically mentions that Form 16 is not acceptable. I don't have much idea about income tax laws in India, but my understanding is that SARAL ( or the New SARAL) is still a form wherein a tax payer fills up the details and do it under self assessment if he/she wishes. After that, the Tax authority accepts and acknowleges the receipt of tax through a pay order or something. In this regard, it is a document which has been approved. My question is then why is this SARAL accepted, since they state that they do not accept self-assessment?

The reason why I ask is that in my country, there is one form through which an individual pays tax. Its usually self assessment, which the Tax authority then signs, stamps and accepts it. Would this document be accepted as a proper tax document as defined in the guide?

Arif
Newly Registered

Post by Arif » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:19 am

anyone? a reply?