ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse visa check list

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fs1252
Newly Registered

new spouse visa application process

Post by fs1252 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:47 pm

Hi

I have collected all documents and now in the final stages of submission but few questions
I really cant afford to pay 500-750 gbp to a lawyer for filling an application form so i need your support

My case seems to be straight forward as i have my own three bed house & same job for over 5 years (pay 27-28K per year)

wife has done tests for TB & IELTS

Now i have completed the online application and want to know whats next:

Do i pay healthcare surcharge first and then submit online application or otherwise?
Also is it worth to pay priority if i am planning her travel date on 14th April?

I also met my wife on Nikah and not before and after that on the second day of nikah. After that she went to Saudi with her parents and is going back now to Pakistan. Do i need to add this as additional info for home office, i will provide our call & message record to home office any way

thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: new spouse visa application process

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:50 pm

fs1252 wrote:Now i have completed the online application and want to know whats next:

Do i pay healthcare surcharge first and then submit online application or otherwise? Must be paid before you submit.
Also is it worth to pay priority if i am planning her travel date on 14th April? Your choice but it does not guarantee it will be done as a priority application.

I also met my wife on Nikah and not before and after that on the second day of nikah. After that she went to Saudi with her parents and is going back now to Pakistan. Do i need to add this as additional info for home office, i will provide our call & message record to home office any way Have you only met her once and for one day?

thanks
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

fs1252
Newly Registered

Post by fs1252 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:55 pm

I am trying to figure out the timeline for priority or non priority if you can help please so i will apply accordingly?

Actually twice, once on the the day of Nikkah and on the next day of nikah we went for a meal with family. is that a problem??
thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:59 pm

There are many members who have applied for priority end of last year and are still waiting, so there is no guarantee.

You will need to submit substantial evidence from when you last met, of subsisting relationship and communication.

When did you get married?

What photographs are you submitting of the wedding/honeymoon etc?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

fs1252
Newly Registered

Post by fs1252 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:11 pm

got married 17th Sep
met on 18th sep
I flew back to UK on 24th Sep

she went to Saudia to her parents in Oct/Nov

We only spoke once before Nikah on phone as it is arranged marriage, since nikah we have have talking on whatsapp & calling each other everyday

I will be sending nikah pictures with my case

We are doing waleema on 2nd April and plan to fly back to UK on 14th April

thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:14 pm

Sorry, I am not from the Asian sub continent so not familiar with the process and phrases you are using.
got married 17th Sep
How did this happen if you were not there?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

fs1252
Newly Registered

Post by fs1252 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:20 pm

we got married on 17th Sep (wedding day) and both of us were present that day and met for the first time
2nd time we met on 18th sep on a family meal
I flew back to UK on 24th Sep
she went to Saudia to her parents in November as they lived thee

We only spoke once before 17th Sep wedding day) on phone as it is arranged marriage, since 18th Sep we have been talking on whatsapp & calling each other everyday

I will be sending wedding day pictures with my case, but my concern is that I only met her twice hope that is not an issue with home office

Our plan is to give a reception on 2nd April and that the day she moves in with me to my house in Pakistan and then plan to fly back to UK on 14th April

thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:22 pm

Pakistan timeline topic below so you can get an idea of how long it takes.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 01301.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)

fs1252
Newly Registered

Post by fs1252 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:26 pm

but my concern is that I only met her twice hope that is not an issue with home office

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:36 pm

fs1252 wrote:but my concern is that I only met her twice hope that is not an issue with home office
the requirement is that you must have met. HO doesn't elaborate on this. Not spending time with your new wife after the wedding might raise eyebrows though.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

fs1252
Newly Registered

Post by fs1252 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:54 pm

Is it ok if I add 2-3 three screen shots of whatsapp chat and phone call records from every month, will that be enough

asif_sharif
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by asif_sharif » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:03 pm

yes
married 21/02/2014
21/04/15 DOCUMENTS submitted
22/04/15 reaches BHC islamabad
REFUSED 10/07/2015
appeal 31/07/2015
payment 14th August
review deadline 24th December 2015
COURT DATE 18TH JANUARY 2017
entry allowed
wife arriving 29th April 2017

skp80
Newly Registered

Post by skp80 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:37 pm

You need to prove that you are in a genuine relationship, might be a good idea to provide any call records/ Whatsapp screenshots/ all photos that you have together

Chez123
Newly Registered

Post by Chez123 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:21 pm

CR001 wrote:
fs1252 wrote:but my concern is that I only met her twice hope that is not an issue with home office
the requirement is that you must have met. HO doesn't elaborate on this. Not spending time with your new wife after the wedding might raise eyebrows though.
I did not spend time with my husband after we got married and he flew to his country as he had family emergency. I still got my spouse visa when I applied. Home office interviewer asked this and we just said it was family emergency. Wasnt a problem for me based on my experience. Wish it goes well for you

Aniqah
Newly Registered

Post by Aniqah » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:44 pm

Hi, I will be applying for my husbands visa at the end of the month. I just wanted advice on the priority service. Do I have to pay for the priority service online or will my husband pay for it at the visa office when going for a biometric? Also how has everyone put things in the envelope they have sent evidence in. Sounds like a silly question but have you put things in certain order and what have you written on the envelope?

fs1252
Newly Registered

Post by fs1252 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:15 pm

Hi Can you please guide me through the full process as its a bit confusing

I pay health insurance first before application submission but how do I get IHS number

Do I pay for application first and then priority fee or they are charged together

My webpage show below links but it doesn't makes any sense what is first

Can you add an updated step by step guide, My wife is in Pakistan n I am applying from UK

thanks

Go To Application
Sign Declaration
BRP Collection Location
Book Appointment
Pay For IHS
Pay for Application
Print Application

fs1252
Newly Registered

spouse visa check list

Post by fs1252 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:40 pm

Hi

I have completed everything and this is just a final check before sending documents to Sheffield

Please advise if my checklist is fine and i have prepared the file in the following order too
thanks

1 Cover letter
2 Copy of wife`s passport & 4 x Passport size photograph
3 Print of on line application
4 Completed Appendix 2 form
5 Receipt for visa application fee
6 Receipt for NHS fee
7 IELTS A1 test certificate
8 TB test certificate
9 Marriage certificate & its translation
10 Personal conversations, call records & wedding photographs
11 my employment letter dated 27th Jan 2017 with recent six months’ pay slips and p60
12 Halifax bank statements for the past six months
13 Notarised copy of sponsors passport & SU07 sponsorship undertaking form
14 Official land registry document
15 Mortgage statements
16 Property Inspection report
17 Confirmed E TICKET
18 Return postal envelope

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: spouse visa check list

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:43 pm

SU07 form is NOT required for a spouse visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)