ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What is BRP??

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gktssm82
United Kingdom

What is BRP??

Post by gktssm82 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:01 pm

Hi, i v been living in the uk since 2005. Now i have permanent residence ( a sticker on my passport) for 10 years which i got it last year about this time after been EEA family member for 5 years. I wish to apply for British citizenship but section 6 in form AN makes me confuse.
As I mentioned earlier (sticker) is that the BRP or i have to get another one through post office??
Please help.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: What is BRP??

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:10 pm

BRP = Biometric Residence Permit, ID card with photo. You wil have to do biometrics for naturalisation anyway. Answer the BRP question with NO and sign your agreement to have biometrics taken (at designated post offices).
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

gktssm82
United Kingdom

Post by gktssm82 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:36 pm

alterhase58 wrote:BRP = Biometric Residence Permit, ID card with photo. You wil have to do biometrics for naturalisation anyway. Answer the BRP question with NO and sign your agreement to have biometrics taken (at designated post offices).
Thanks for the reply. Just one more thing to ask, do i have to do the BRP before and send it with the application form??

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:46 pm

gktssm82 wrote:
alterhase58 wrote:BRP = Biometric Residence Permit, ID card with photo. You wil have to do biometrics for naturalisation anyway. Answer the BRP question with NO and sign your agreement to have biometrics taken (at designated post offices).
Thanks for the reply. Just one more thing to ask, do i have to do the BRP before and send it with the application form??
No. HO will write to you and you take the letter which will have a barcode on to the Post Office and pay the fee (£19.20) and do your biometric enrollment. The post office sends it to HO electronically.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

gktssm82
United Kingdom

Post by gktssm82 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:02 pm

CR001 wrote:
gktssm82 wrote:
No. HO will write to you and you take the letter which will have a barcode on to the Post Office and pay the fee (£19.20) and do your biometric enrollment. The post office sends it to HO electronically.
Thanks guys, such a helpfull people here are.

gktssm82
United Kingdom

Post by gktssm82 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:13 pm

CR001 wrote:
gktssm82 wrote:
I think i need to ask some more questions regarding this. I think i will use the Nationality Checking Service (NCS) but as we all know that they will have to see my orignal documents and then photocopy them. But the thing is that my bills, bank statements are all E bills which i will have to print it out so would they accept these print out as orignal?
And my 2nd question is would the NCS employee sign the form as my referees??

Thanks guys

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:29 pm

gktssm82 wrote: I think i need to ask some more questions regarding this. I think i will use the Nationality Checking Service (NCS) but as we all know that they will have to see my orignal documents and then photocopy them. But the thing is that my bills, bank statements are all E bills which i will have to print it out so would they accept these print out as orignal?
And my 2nd question is would the NCS employee sign the form as my referees??
Thanks guys
Start with reading all the AN materials, form, booklet and guide.

I am not sure why you would send bills, statements, etc. for AN application. It's not a re-run of the PR application. But if you think they are needed then they need to stamped by the Bank or other companies. Suggest you stick with the suggested documents as far as possible. The bundle will be much thinner than for PR.

NCS do not act as referees, as they don't know you (need to know you for three years). They are agents.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.