ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Approval for MN1?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gupta_ust

Approval for MN1?

Post by gupta_ust » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:20 pm

Hi Experts,

I applied for citizenship with my 9 years son in November and got an approval yesterday only for myself. The letter talks about next steps of attending ceremony with no mention of my son's application. I understand he need not to attend any ceremony but will I not get a notification of his approval? Could you please advise?

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Approval for MN1?

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:25 pm

Child's MN1 approval will come separately to yours.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

gupta_ust

Post by gupta_ust » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:28 pm

CR001 wrote:Child's MN1 approval will come separately to yours.
Thanks a lot. I find it surprising to see mine coming before my child. Anyways, I will wait for couple of days for his letter to arrive.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:30 pm

Assuming your child was born abroad, the child only qualifies for BC once you are BC.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

gupta_ust

Post by gupta_ust » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:33 pm

CR001 wrote:Assuming your child was born abroad, the child only qualifies for BC once you are BC.
Yes, he was born abroad. So it makes sense that his application will be processed after making a decision on my one. I really appreciate the knowledge and low level details you share on the forum. Thanks once again.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:40 pm

Bear in mind that you don't become a BC until you have attended your citizenship ceremony.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

gupta_ust

Post by gupta_ust » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:47 pm

Casa wrote:Bear in mind that you don't become a BC until you have attended your citizenship ceremony.
Thanks Casa and I understand that. Does that also mean that I need to wait to get an approval letter for my child until I complete the ceremony process?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:50 pm

No. The applications are completely separate, but you're not likely to receive your child's letter of confirmation until after your ceremony.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

gupta_ust

Post by gupta_ust » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:57 pm

Casa wrote:No. The applications are completely separate, but you're not likely to receive your child's letter of confirmation until after your ceremony.
Thanks, I did not realise this until today.
I always think if I didn't know about this forum, I would struggle to find appropriate answers to my queries. Even most of the solicitors are not aware of the low level details. It is because of this forum, I was able to always apply without a need of solicitor. :D

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:26 pm

Some other members have reported that in similar cases (Section 3(1) registration submitted alongside a parent's naturalisation), typically both certificates are given at the time of the parent's citizenship ceremony. That way, the child is only issued a registration certificate if the parent does actually become a British citizen (by attending the citizenship ceremony).
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

gupta_ust

Post by gupta_ust » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:27 pm

secret.simon wrote:Some other members have reported that in similar cases (Section 3(1) registration submitted alongside a parent's naturalisation), typically both certificates are given at the time of the parent's citizenship ceremony. That way, the child is only issued a registration certificate if the parent does actually become a British citizen (by attending the citizenship ceremony).
Thanks Simon, I shall check that.