ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What happens after signing a consent order ?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Misbah Amin
Newly Registered

What happens after signing a consent order ?

Post by Misbah Amin » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:56 pm

Hi everyone,
First I'll share my case briefly, I applied for tier 1 entrepreneur last year in August and got refused the refusal grounds were very illogical and I wasn't even awarded required points, so filed an AR and got refused again as expected, than I went for PAP and in reply to my PAP some how for some strange reasons home office awarded me required points but refused my case and asked me to file an AR again so I did that and got refused and after all that I finally filed a JR, after filing the JR in around 2 months time I received an email from my solicitor telling me that home office have agreed to reconsider the decision and for that I have to sign a consent order I did that too. And now I am waiting for home office's reply, so my question here is, is it true that most cases are sattled between parties outside the court ?? As my solicitor told me ? I shared my case with one of my friend's lawyer friend for a second opinion and he told me that my case is very easy and there shouldn't be any problem with that but I am still worried as I have been refused so many times.
Any help regarding JR sattlements will be much appreciated.

Kind regards
Misbah

suvalike
Member of Standing

Re: What happens after signing a consent order ?

Post by suvalike » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:38 pm

Misbah Amin wrote:Hi everyone,
First I'll share my case briefly, I applied for tier 1 entrepreneur last year in August and got refused the refusal grounds were very illogical and I wasn't even awarded required points, so filed an AR and got refused again as expected, than I went for PAP and in reply to my PAP some how for some strange reasons home office awarded me required points but refused my case and asked me to file an AR again so I did that and got refused and after all that I finally filed a JR, after filing the JR in around 2 months time I received an email from my solicitor telling me that home office have agreed to reconsider the decision and for that I have to sign a consent order I did that too. And now I am waiting for home office's reply, so my question here is, is it true that most cases are sattled between parties outside the court ?? As my solicitor told me ? I shared my case with one of my friend's lawyer friend for a second opinion and he told me that my case is very easy and there shouldn't be any problem with that but I am still worried as I have been refused so many times.
Any help regarding JR sattlements will be much appreciated.

Kind regards
Misbah

what is PAP ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:17 pm

suvalike wrote:what is PAP ?
PAP = Pre Action Protocol
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:06 am

^^PAP is pre action protocol. Before JR, one has to inform HO about your intention to go for JR. Sometimes this may lead to them reconsidering your application.

oxon22
Newly Registered

Post by oxon22 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:32 am

When you sign the consent order.GLD would file to UT and once it sealed by the Court your JR is withdrawn.

I would suggest focuse on the wording in Consent Order -- Ask them to withdraw the original and AR decision this would technically put you in position like your application is still under process and they have not had made any decision.

Normally HO ask for 3 months to make a new decision and pay the reasonable cost from PAP stage and time start when court seal the order.

Also it would restore the Section 3C leave.

Misbah Amin
Newly Registered

Post by Misbah Amin » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:10 pm

oxon22 wrote:When you sign the consent order.GLD would file to UT and once it sealed by the Court your JR is withdrawn.

I would suggest focuse on the wording in Consent Order -- Ask them to withdraw the original and AR decision this would technically put you in position like your application is still under process and they have not had made any decision.

Normally HO ask for 3 months to make a new decision and pay the reasonable cost from PAP stage and time start when court seal the order.

Also it would restore the Section 3C leave.
The consent order simply says that HO have agreed to reconsider the application for leave to enter as a tier 1 entrepreneur.
The consent order was sent to me by HO so I am kindda confused that how can I ask HO to withdraw the original and AR decision as they have already agreed to reconsider their decision?

oxon22
Newly Registered

Post by oxon22 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:31 pm

If you not agree with their terms simply draft your ones and send to them.

Example :

UPON the Respondent agreeing to withdraw her decisions of "Date of Original Decision" and "Date of Administrative Review Decision" and making a new decision on the Applicant’s application for "Name of Refused Application" within 3 Months (absent special circumstances) of the date
on which this Order is sealed;

BY CONSENT, it is ordered that:-
1. The Applicant do have leave to withdraw his claim for judicial review;
2. The Respondent do pay the Applicant’s reasonable costs, to be assessed if not agreed.

Buttercup111
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Buttercup111 » Thu May 31, 2018 12:03 am

can anybody tell me if they have had success after signing consent order? i have signed mine 6 months ago after winning from upper tribunal to apply for JR. permission from UT was granted to apply for JR but just 2 weeks before JR oral hearing home office sent consent order which i signed now its been 6 months. what to expect next.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu May 31, 2018 1:29 am

Stick to your own thread and do NOT bump old posts :!:
general-uk-immigration-forum/did-anybod ... l#p1640913
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice