ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

advice required !Visit visa 6 month 2nd time for mother !

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lfcammad
Newly Registered

advice required !Visit visa 6 month 2nd time for mother !

Post by lfcammad » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:06 am

Hi ALL,

I am writing this on behalf of my brother who is in UK and wants to call my mother as my sister-in-law is expecting baby 2nd time , my mother already visited UK in 2015-Sep when my sister-in-law was expecting first baby and she got her 6 month visit visa but in her application we mentioned she will stay in uk for 45 days but her stay was more then 45 days because my sister-in-law had some complications in her pregnancy but she came back to Pakistan before her visa expires 2016-feb . Now again my brother and sister-in-law expecting their 2nd baby and need my mother in this scenario because their first baby is only 1.5 year older and my brother is usually busy in his business . Please advice what to write in additional information of application form do we need to explain that why her trip was long instead of 45 days ? and what other information will be required to get visa for the 2nd time . Please help

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: advice required !Visit visa 6 month 2nd time for mother

Post by Casa » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:17 am

You can mention the reason for the overextended stay, but be prepared for a refusal. The requested 45 days extended to 6 months isn't likely to be overlooked.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:39 am

Extended child care is not permitted - work is work unpaid or not.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

lfcammad
Newly Registered

Post by lfcammad » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:00 am

Casa wrote:You can mention the reason for the overextended stay, but be prepared for a refusal. The requested 45 days extended to 6 months isn't likely to be overlooked.
But she came back before her visa expires and she got 6 months visa not 45 days so she can avail more days just asking ?, she also went US with 5 year of multiple visa for my sister pregnancy and came back in 6 months . Plz help how we should submit this case ?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:08 am

lfcammad wrote:
Casa wrote:You can mention the reason for the overextended stay, but be prepared for a refusal. The requested 45 days extended to 6 months isn't likely to be overlooked.
But she came back before her visa expires and she got 6 months visa not 45 days so she can avail more days just asking ?, she also went US with 5 year of multiple visa for my sister pregnancy and came back in 6 months . Plz help how we should submit this case ?
UK visit visa is 6 month VALIDITY not 6 month period.

Stating 45 days and staying 183 will be looked on as deception, search the forums for similar.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

lfcammad
Newly Registered

Post by lfcammad » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:54 am

Wanderer wrote:
lfcammad wrote:
UK visit visa is 6 month VALIDITY not 6 month period. >>> She got 6 month visa which starts from 24-08-15 and valid until 24-02-16 . she travel on 18-sep-15 and came back on 15-feb-2016 .

Stating 45 days and staying 183 will be looked on as deception, search the forums for similar.
in her vignette its mentioned duration of stay is 180 days so she came back before 180 days and in this scenario she didn't breached any visa rule ? though we mentioned 45 days but still visa officer gave her 180 days for stay in uk if i am not wrong !

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:49 am

The minimum a visa is issued for is 6 months. This does not mean she can stay in the UK for 6 months, which is 'residing' and not 'visiting'. Had she stated she was visiting for 6 months, she would likely have been refused.

There have been refusals due to parents staying longer than what was stated initially in their visit visa application forms.

Hope your mother did not utilise any NHS services for free.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

lfcammad
Newly Registered

Post by lfcammad » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:16 pm

Yes she didnot used any NHS for free during her stay and she stayed their for longer because of the airline ticket she bought they stopped services for 1.5 months due to their internal
Issues !

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:47 pm

How much longer did she stay over the 45 days requested in her visitor visa application :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:39 pm

Casa wrote:How much longer did she stay over the 45 days requested in her visitor visa application :?:
24-08-15 and valid until 24-02-16 . she travel on 18-sep-15 and came back on 15-feb-2016 .
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:46 pm

So around 105 days over the time requested in the application.

In the circumstances, I don't think the 45 days or so when the airline service was suspended will be considered as a valid reason for the extended stay of that length.

At the end of the day you can't change anything now, so apply and hope for the best.
(Casa, not CR001)

lfcammad
Newly Registered

Post by lfcammad » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:23 am

Yes I think I should belief and apply and hope for the best :)

Thank you casa for you valuable feedback and information , Much appreciated for your prompt response.