ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

December EC applicants post here!!!!!!!!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kmsr1234

Post by kmsr1234 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:19 am

Hi palaka_rambabu

BHC has replied to me that My application has not been assesses Yet......

How come BHC did not reply to ur mail... :?
knowledge increases when you share it
-----------------------------------------
EC Applied: VFS_HYD 31/DEC/07
Integra Verification : 4/jan/08
Integra report to BHC : No Idea
Final Result : Waiting

palaka_rambabu

Post by palaka_rambabu » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:22 am

kmsr,

i sent at 10am today
when did u sent and got reply?
Applied On : 14th-dec
Applied at: Hyderabad VFS Center
Integra Verification : 21st Dec and 12th Feb
Final Status : Refused

kmsr1234

Post by kmsr1234 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:30 am

Ram,

I have sent at 2 pm yesterday and got the reply around 3:30 pm......

palaka_rambabu

Post by palaka_rambabu » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:34 am

kmsr,

just send a mail again now.. may be u will get proper reply

yesterday i got verification call from 044 42192151 from Chennai BHC
may be my application is under processing
I hope they may announce result this week..

kmsr1234

Post by kmsr1234 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:38 am

Hi ram,
What did they ask you..

Did you answer the lady in a couteous manner & did you mangage to give fair answers......

Did everything went well......... :?:

I am expecting you to get a mail reply for u from BHC that ur EC has been approved.........

Keep ur fingers crossed for the day.........Be cool

U will get it........Dont worry :)

palaka_rambabu

Post by palaka_rambabu » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:49 am

kmsr,

I am sure that I answered well to all of her questions like DOJ, Designation, Salary and where it is credited (bank), Company Profile etc..

I am working for a small company (staff 60+).. I feel this may be only minus point for me

kmsr1234

Post by kmsr1234 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:55 am

Ram,

The size of the company does not matter much to the BHC.....

It is actually a delay occuring due to the deluge of applications received by the BHC and process delay......

Nothing more than that........ :)

harvis82

Post by harvis82 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:15 am

Hey I got the following message as reply from BHC Chennai team today..

Dear Mr ************,

Thank you for your e-mail.
Visa Section is currently experiencing a high volume of visa applications, this, and new working procedures associated with the recent change to capturing biometrics data, means that it is taking longer than usual to process visa applications. Our staff is working to reduce the backlog of applications. Please bear with us during this period and do not make any travel plans. However, we are doing our best to expedite the process.

We regret the inconvenience caused.

Yours truly,

Casework Section

British Deputy High Commission, Chennai.

UKvisas - Making travel and migration work for Britain
If you intend to reply to this e-mail, please ensure that you re-send all the information from your original enquiry.
-------------------------------

Applied on : Dec 14th VFS Bangalore
Integra: Done
---------------------------------

harvis82

Waiting desperately.....for Visa

Post by harvis82 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:16 am

Hi SKD, as you said I called up BHC today morning ,
and givem Passport number etc....and they also telling the same " You have to wait until BHC takes decision". I asked her to push my application if there is any chance. She said Case officer have to look into that ans she can not do much abt that. But I requested one more time to look into the same to forward my application if there is any possibility.....

Can you guys tell me how ur discussions happened with BHC guys??? and Did I miss any thing to reveal with BHC guys....if so give me tips to handle the situation and to get my VISA asap.SKD plz help and ofcourse I sent a mail just now..... SKD can you plz send the mail you sent to BHC saying urgency????

and Can any one tell Is that the same Lady who picksup 044 42192310 everyday???? or they keep on changing ???
---------------------------
Applied : 14th Dec
Integra: Done
--------------------------------

rrst_101

Post by rrst_101 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:22 am

In order to apply for FLR just once , is the no. of days by which we need to enter UK 27 or 29 ? Can anyone please clarify this?

kmsr1234

Post by kmsr1234 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:33 am

Hi rrst_101

We need to enter the UK within 27 days only to become eligible for ILR(Indefinite leave to remain ) which makes sense more for us after 5 years of stay in UK.

This rule of enterig the UK within 27 days may not be applicalble to FLR(further leave to remain) since the Home office would only request for the earnings of 12 month period of the last 15 months before the application is made........

If you are really interested to become a permanent resident of UK u need to act NOW or NEVER..

rrst_101

Post by rrst_101 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:04 am

Hi kmsr1234,
Thanks for the valuable info. But what I meant was, if I plan to apply for ILR at the end of 5 years , and I dont enter now within 27 (or 29) days , I will have to apply for FLR twice in this 5 year period.
Are you sure its 27 ? Somewhere in this forum I read 29. So before booking my tickets, i want to make sure. Thanks again.

darren_hayess
Newly Registered

STATUS UNCHANGED :?

Post by darren_hayess » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:22 am

:evil: The status is unchanged even though BHC says its granted a visa and has dispatched the passport.

kmsr1234

Post by kmsr1234 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:23 am

Yes rrst...

You are right!

We need to apply for FLR twice during the five year period...

But who knows the damn rules might change at the nick of a time when we are about to apply for our second FLR......

Instead better to file for ILR on a 2+3 stage .......... :!: :roll:

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:24 am

U can enter UK ANY TIME in next 2 years ...There is no restriction on it..
But it is advisable to enter atleast 12 months prior ,so that u can apply for FLR (as u have to show last 12 months salary)...So its up to you when /if you want to enter UK..
About ILR, you keep on applying for FLR till u reach 5 years...So ILR has nothing to do with when u enter in UK....

HTH
Ashish

reincarnation

Post by reincarnation » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:30 am

ashishashah wrote:U can enter UK ANY TIME in next 2 years ...There is no restriction on it..
But it is advisable to enter atleast 12 months prior ,so that u can apply for FLR (as u have to show last 12 months salary)...So its up to you when /if you want to enter UK..
About ILR, you keep on applying for FLR till u reach 5 years...So ILR has nothing to do with when u enter in UK....

HTH
Ashish
Ashish,

What do you mean by you can keep applying for FLR till you reach 5 years...Didnt get it..can u pls elaborate?

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:39 am

Well, in order for you to get ILR , you need to be in UK for 5 years continious..So till u reach that 5 years, you need to extend your visa(FLR)..
So u can do 1+2+2 or 2+3 or 3+2 ,1+1+1+2 or what ever combination you choose till u reach 5 years (but that 5 year can become x years if rule change in future)

Ashish

reincarnation

Post by reincarnation » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:47 am

Well..how can we do any combination...as per current rules...after 2 yrs when we file for FLR, it will be granted for the next 3 years isnt it?

For ex: I enter the UK six months after I get my EC, then i would be in UK for 1.5 yrs...and then i apply for FLR for the next 3 years...so that would become 3+1.5=4.5...so do you mean..at this point, I need to again file for FLR in order to complete 5 yrs? And if so, at this second filing, for how many years / months will my FLR be granted?

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:04 pm

Taking your example :You will finish 4.5 years after your 1st extension, u still need to apply for 2nd FLR which will be for 2 years i think..(considering 5 years is the target)..
But ppl. who were in HSMP before 2005 ,had initial visa for only 1 year (and that time was ILR rule was 4 years),for that 1st FLR was 3 years i think..Now FLR for me would be 3 years(hopefully)as my initial visa is for 2 years,but for new Guys (who have 3 years Visa -Tier 1),FLR would be 2 years ..
So in short, depending your initial Visa(1,2 or 3 years),when exactly u enter the country, what is your FLR (3 years as per current rule,2 year for Tier 1) it varies..
GOAL is to reach 5 years ..But even ILR is say extended for 7 years(which i think is likely), by the time you reach your GOAL, Goal post would have been moved.. :)
As for How many years of FLR u get, it depends on your initial visa, for 2nd FLR i think it is 2 years..(But u can apply for ILR once u reach 5 years ,so u will apply for ILR in the middle of 2nd FLR..No need to wait for your 2nd FLR to end, just apply for ILR once u REACH 5 years)

SO, forget about ILR now, it s too distant and ILR rules might change...That is the reason i said keep on applying for FLR and wait till u reach 5/X years..
1st FLR is variable as i explained above,2nd FLR is 2 years and 3rd FLR(if u require depening on ILR rule) would be 2 years i suppose ,i dont know and havent thought abt.it

Hope i made sense :roll:

Some one made a point that it is better to enter in 1 month, is right in the sense that u will have to apply for FLR only once(1+4,2+3 or 3+2 where 1st digit shows initial Visa duration)..But catch is if ILR rule is changed even when u reach 4.11 years ,u need to apply for another FLR..Just bcoz u entered the country in 1st month and got 1st FLR doesnt mean that u r safe, if ILR rule changes again than u will have to apply for 2nd FLR..

Ashish Shah

ce98118

Post by ce98118 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:46 pm

ashishashah wrote:U can enter UK ANY TIME in next 2 years ... u have to show last 12 months salary)...
So, if I enter UK only 1.5 years after EC, but say 5 months UK income + 5 months India income gets the required points, I'm still good for FLR?

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:58 pm

So, if I enter UK only 1.5 years after EC, but say 5 months UK income + 5 months India income gets the required points, I'm still good for FLR??
Depends on the Tier 1 (or what ever they call if at THAT time) rules..Like i entered UK on HSMP rules ,but now i have to apply for FLR under Tier 1 rule ..So in 2010 (or when u r ready for FLR )u need to re -qualify as per existing rules at THAT time...

Thats why i would say, dont think/worry about next FLR ..I have many friends who were on the verge of ILR in 2006/7 (bought house etc)when suddenly the rule for ILR changed from 4 years to 5 years , worse they couldnt even qualify for FLR as per new rules.So had to leave the country!!!!!..Imagine getting ready for ILR one day ,and next day u dont even qualify for FLR and need to take the next flight back home!!!!! ..
Immigration is never easy...Dont plan for something too distant...Gov. can change the rules any time and then u will be catching a flight back home..IF u ask me ,i feel that ILR will be increased to 7 years by the time i reach 5 years..

BTW , UK is still better then US in the sense that they have X no. of years for ILR(even though X is variable)..Lot of friends of mine r in US waiting for GC indefinately ..I left US and came to UK as i knew that at this rate i would get GC only after 10-15 years (that too if i get lucky)...

Ashish

Hummer

Thank you

Post by Hummer » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:08 pm

Thank you kmsr1234 for yor wishes.

All the best for all my friends in this forum

Regards,

rrst_101

Post by rrst_101 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:13 pm

You could be right.But we definetely need to plan for something distant now itself and cant assume anything, but plan according to the rules which are in place as of now. Since the visa now holds good for 2 years, and hopefully gets extended for 3 years at the end of the second year , I wouldnt like to apply for another FLR just because of a difference of few days. So my question is , in order to apply for FLR just once in the 5 years period (assuming rules dont change), within how many days of visa stamping should I enter UK ? 27 , 28 or 29 ?

SKD
Newly Registered

Post by SKD » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:22 pm

Hello Harvis... just logged on

I sent the following mail:

Dear Casework Section Officer,

I, Kumar..... have applied for the entry clearance under HSMP on
the 14th December, 2007 at the VFS Hyderabad center, my passport no. being _____ and VFS reference # HDAC/141207/_____.

I do know that you would have received a lot of applications on December and hence there is a delay.

I have a new problem now. My company requires me to travel abroad urgently and I require my passport back.

Could you please give me the status of my application? How long would it
take for my EC to be provided? Also could you help me by guiding me as to what should be my next step in this case?

Thank you so much.

Yours truly,

Kumar...

vidya

Post by vidya » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:56 pm

hi everyone, thanks for all your wishes.

i am still waiting for the courier though and my online status also is not yet updated :cry:
what about you , kumar???

can anyone give the bluedart webpage link where we can track passport number :?: :idea: :shock: