ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

m_man1

Applying for naturalisation

Post by m_man1 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:50 am

Hi

I am due to apply for naturalisation for my spouse married for 7 yrs & on ILR for 7 years

Just wondering as she has not got biometrics will this be sent out when she applies for naturalisation?

Where can I do the check & send service to ensure the form is filled up correctly & what does it cost now?

Does anyone has a rough idea on the timeline from the application?

Spouse has not got any ESOL test but has done NARIC based on which she is applying is there anything to check on this whether it is valid or recognised?

Many thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Applying for naturalisation

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:59 am

m_man1 wrote:Hi

I am due to apply for naturalisation for my spouse married for 7 yrs & on ILR for 7 years

Just wondering as she has not got biometrics will this be sent out when she applies for naturalisation? HO will write to her to enrol biometrice after she has submitted her application. She does biometrics at the Post Office and must take the letter with her.

Where can I do the check & send service to ensure the form is filled up correctly & what does it cost now? It is not Check and Send for citizenship. It is NCS (nationality checking service) at the council. Cost varies per council.

Does anyone has a rough idea on the timeline from the application? Some get approval within a couple of months, others have watied over a year.

Spouse has not got any ESOL test but has done NARIC based on which she is applying is there anything to check on this whether it is valid or recognised? ESOL is no longer accepted. UK Naric must be the red route ELA.

Many thanks in advance
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

m_man1

Post by m_man1 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:57 am

Thanks CR0001

All makes sense but if you can explain the below please

ESOL is no longer accepted. UK Naric must be the red route ELA.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:26 pm

You cannot use the ESOL certificate.

See below for NARIC red route

http://www.naric.org.uk/visas%20and%20nationality/
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

m_man1

Post by m_man1 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:26 pm

Many thanks thats really helpful

I m in the final stages of submitting the application just unsure on Section 6

SECTION 6 Evidence of marriage for applications made on the basis of marriage or civil
partnership to a British citizen.
• Your spouse’s or civil partner’s current passport or naturalisation/registration certificate
showing that he/she is a British citizen. If you are making your application by post you can
send a complete and full copy of your spouse’s or civil partner’s current passport. Every page
of the passport must be copied including any blank pages; And
• The marriage certificate or civil partnership certificate

As my spouse is applying based on my citizenship

does she needs to include my naturalization certificate or passport?

If the passport has to be sent i suppose the above applies of all the pages to be photo copied & sent

the application is going to be made by post

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:48 pm

As my spouse is applying based on my citizenship She qualifies in her own right and can apply based on 5 years residence. There is no concept of 'dependent BC' application.

does she needs to include my naturalization certificate or passport? Either.

If the passport has to be sent i suppose the above applies of all the pages to be photo copied & sent Apply using NCS at the council. They check the form and photocopy all your documents and return the original (including passports) to you. They send it off. They also offer the joint citizenship and passport application service where you apply for both at the same time.
On the date of application, you MUST make sure that your wife was physically present in the UK on exactly the same date in 2013. If she was not, her application will be refused and you will lose the fee. Make sure she is within the absence limits for an application based on 3 years residence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

m_man1

Post by m_man1 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:51 pm

Many thanks again,

Just wondering if the process quicker when applying through NCs or making a independent application wouldnt matter

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:09 pm

m_man1 wrote:Just wondering if the process quicker when applying through NCs or making a independent application wouldnt matter
Regular query on here .... NCS isn't a premium service, they are agents, and applications will take as long as they take... however, the advantages have been set out by CR001. Importantly you keep your original travel documents. Note there is no early return of original documents if you apply by post - they come with the decision letter.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.