ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which is Better ILR via 10LR or via T1 Entrepreneur?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chiibe

Which is Better ILR via 10LR or via T1 Entrepreneur?

Post by chiibe » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:44 pm

Please Snrs in the house, can you help with this.

I'll be due for ILR via 10yrs by December whilst via T1Entrp will be next year February. (2months difference).

I have the prerequisites for both.

What will be best for my spouse and child since they have a leave to enter which dates this January?

If my spouse renews on 10yrs...Spouse of settled person? how long before settlement?..5 or 10yrs?

If spouse renews on T1 Entrp how long to settle?, (previously had dependent visas but they were not in country to renew hence the new leave to enter).

Will all former periods as dependent be disregarded?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Which is Better ILR via 10LR or via T1 Entrepreneur?

Post by zimba » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:53 pm

You can apply for SET(LR) at a premium service centre and get it probably in a day. The issue is that your dependants have to switch to FLR(M) when you get your ILR and that resets their immigration clock to zero, so they have to start to filling up their 5 years again to be eligible for ILR. They also will be charged IHS.

Under Tier 1E ILR however, they will remain PBS dependants after your ILR and then they can apply for ILR when their 5 year stay is completed.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

chiibe

Post by chiibe » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:11 am

Thanks Zimba88

what of previous periods, does the new leave to remain reset the time too? say they continue as PBS dependents.

ishfaqsangra
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ishfaqsangra » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:16 am

They need to be with you for 5 yrs before ILR,if the visa has expired overseas and then they apply for Clarence, the time stats again, until unless they successfully applied for entry clearance within 28 days of visa expiry while abroad.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:17 am

I am no expert on this, better ask in the ILR forums
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

chiibe

Post by chiibe » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:20 am

Thanks guys

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:24 am

ishfaqsangra wrote:They need to be with you for 5 yrs before ILR,if the visa has expired overseas and then they apply for Clarence, the time stats again, until unless they successfully applied for entry clearance within 28 days of visa expiry while abroad.
The 28 days rules is gone, now it is only 14 days I believe

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:21 am

zimba88 wrote:
ishfaqsangra wrote:They need to be with you for 5 yrs before ILR,if the visa has expired overseas and then they apply for Clarence, the time stats again, until unless they successfully applied for entry clearance within 28 days of visa expiry while abroad.
The 28 days rules is gone, now it is only 14 days I believe
Not for applications made outside the UK when previous leave has expired.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.