ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR approved - Tier 1(G) (D) - 815 days out of country

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

HJPatel-1950
Newly Registered

Post by HJPatel-1950 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:45 pm

Dear Moderators, Senior Member and Polymaths,

Million thanks for providing the vital information and guidance. The forum's support has been pivotal in our journey from Tier 1 (G) to ILR. We thank from bottom of our heart to all the contributors of the forum who have been volunteering and sacrificing their free time to provide all significant immigration related updates and information.

My wife's case was bit tricky. She arrived in UK prior to July 2012 but has been out of UK twice for extended period totaling to circa 815 days on maternity grounds. Situation was complicated due to recent changes in rules and its interpretation which I believe is currently vague in nature and is creating a bit of ambiguity. In my humble opinion and what I understand from few leading law firms who had requested Home Office to clarify on recent changes in immigration rules and its interpretation, I was told that the Status Quo applies in regard to the interpretation of rules including the rules in place before and after November 2016. Whilst further clarification on interpretation of the rules applicable from November 2016 is due from HO which I was told will be coming in April 2017 along with changes/increase in application fees, I believe, there is a window of opportunity which could lead to a favorable outcome.

We will be proceeding with ILR application for children using the form Set (F) (please correct me, if I am using a wrong form) as they are born out of UK and would not qualify for citizenship straightaway without ILR, please correct me if I am wrong and I might trouble the forum if I have any further questions.

Many thanks.

Best regards.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR approved - Tier 1(G) (D) - 815 days out of country

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:30 am

You can use either Set(O) or Set(F) for your children.

No, they do not qualify for BC without ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

HJPatel-1950
Newly Registered

Post by HJPatel-1950 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:16 pm

Many thanks CR001.

Best regards