ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor visa enquriy

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

david1955
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Visitor visa enquriy

Post by david1955 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:29 am

Hi Everyone,

I hope someone can help me with this. My inlaws were granted visitor visa for 6 months in oct 2016 and its valid till march 2016. They requested for only 3 weeks visit in there application form .

However they visited us in nov 2016 stayed for 4 weeks and went back to the home country. They still have 1.5 month left in there existing visa and they would like to visit us again due to some circumstances for another 4 weeks.

so can someone please let me know are they allowed to come back again on there current valid visa for another 4 weeks? as in our application form we requested for only 3 weeks and they have alerady been here for 4 weeks

Thanks

david1955
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Re: Visitor visa enquriy

Post by david1955 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:22 pm

david1955 wrote:Hi Everyone,

I hope someone can help me with this. My inlaws were granted visitor visa for 6 months in oct 2016 and its valid till march 2016. They requested for only 3 weeks visit in there application form .

However they visited us in nov 2016 stayed for 4 weeks and went back to the home country. They still have 1.5 month left in there existing visa and they would like to visit us again due to some circumstances for another 4 weeks.

so can someone please let me know are they allowed to come back again on there current valid visa for another 4 weeks? as in our application form we requested for only 3 weeks and they have alerady been here for 4 weeks

Thanks
anyone please ?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: Visitor visa enquriy

Post by Frontier Mole » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:20 am

Technically they can return on the same visa without a problem regardless of the number of weeks they stayed before.
There are a few points to consider
The quick return and proposed length of stay may cause the alarm bells to ring. Prepare your in laws to be questioned at the border as to their intentions and reason for their return.
The visa expiry date and the almost up to the last minute return will not go unnoticed and again questions may be posed.
As long as the return to the UK reason is deemed credible and reasonable that is more than half the battle. The return to the home country is best backed up with return dated tickets. It adds a little more credibility but due to the transferable nature of tickets is not a game changer.

Good luck