ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Job and Taxation

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cheekyvirgin

Job and Taxation

Post by cheekyvirgin » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:13 pm

Hello

I am asking a question on behalf of my friend.. He is actually working in UK from last 5 years and going back to his home country permanantly ..

All he need to know that he heard that legally you can claim back some of your deducted tax which is being cut thorught the years he is been working because you are not allowed to claim or claiming any benifits from the governments.

Do you guys have any idea regarding that ?

Thanks.

rsathish

Re: Job and Taxation

Post by rsathish » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:42 pm

What you might be taking could be the NI contribution.

Your friend has paid tax to UK Govt. for the income he has earned in UK. You can get National Insurance rebate but, I would've rather done this before leaving and asked them to adjust it in the tax payable rather than asking them to return the money - which could be a lengthy process.
cheekyvirgin wrote:Hello

I am asking a question on behalf of my friend.. He is actually working in UK from last 5 years and going back to his home country permanantly ..

All he need to know that he heard that legally you can claim back some of your deducted tax which is being cut thorught the years he is been working because you are not allowed to claim or claiming any benifits from the governments.

Thanks.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:58 pm

Well no! And I haven't got a clue about what rsathish is talking about. There is no ability to get back any NI contributions, unless these have been overpaid for some reason, and then only to the extent overpaid.

As regards income tax, if someone stopped earning in the UK part-way through the tax year then a tax rebate might be due, but it is due because earnings have stopped, rather than leaving, or intending to leave, the UK.
John