ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

5 year residence for naturalization - no passport evidence

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

onlyuk

5 year residence for naturalization - no passport evidence

Post by onlyuk » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:51 pm

Hi,

My wife and I need to apply for naturalization and I'm worried about how do I prove the 5 year residence for my wife. We actually lost our passports 3 years back that's why can't prove 5 years by passports alone. Also my wife doesn't work so there are no P60s or employer letter. There are bank statements/council tax letters/ Electoral letters etc but they don't seem to be in approved list of documents. My wife did attend GPs/ hospitals as our kids are born in UK. I have my P60s which I can use for me but what do I provide for my wife.
Can anyone suggest what is the best option here for me to do? Can I use bank statements or council tax letters or any other document, if yes then do we have a link which shows we can use. Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: 5 year residence for naturalization - no passport eviden

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:05 pm

Or, you can apply then once you are BC, she can apply as spouse of BC under section 6(2) of the nationality act based on 3 years residence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

onlyuk

Post by onlyuk » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:39 pm

Thanks for your reply CR001. I had this in my mind and was considering it as very last option. I was really wondering that in this scenario, is there anything I can do with confidence and apply together if possible. I did see in other posts people suggesting other documents but didn't get confidence so may be someone can share their experience as well.

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:50 pm

Employment record and bank statements showing her salary being paid plus P60s would be the best evidence.

Anyone can be registered on utilities and Council tax but live somewhere else.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

onlyuk

Post by onlyuk » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:09 am

Thanks for your reply CR001. One more query, I know I can travel after applying for naturalization (via NCS) but if I need to apply for Schengen Visa for that travel then I'm hoping that as well should be fine right?

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:25 am

Schengen visa is completely separate to your citizenship application. You need your passport, ILR BRP and other evidence as required by whichever Schengen country you are visiting.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

onlyuk

Post by onlyuk » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:01 am

Thanks CR001. Yeah because I'll be applying naturalization via NCS so I'll have all these documents with me. Also it will be a business trip so I'll have company documents to support my schengen visa application. I'm just trying to make sure that post naturalization application any schengen visa application should not impact my naturalization application. I know it's like being paranoid but you never know what relates where? Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:14 am

No it will not impact your citizenship application. You are free to travel.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

onlyuk

Post by onlyuk » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:20 am

Thanks for your quick responses mate. God bless you and have a nice day ahead.