ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 extension same day service held for further inquries

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tejalondon

Tier 2 extension same day service held for further inquries

Post by tejalondon » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:18 pm

Hello,

I have applied for a tier 2 extension, provided all the mandatory documents and went for a same day service at croydon immigration office.

Some 4 hours later, a case worker called me and said, the application is valid but they need to make further inquiries. When asked when i might expect to hear back from them, she again repeated the same thing.

A couple of my colleagues in the company applied for extensions in october, they all got it alright.

Do you know the usual time scales for cases like these, please let me know.

nasmc92
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 extension same day service held for further inqur

Post by nasmc92 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:51 pm

not sure what is happening to extension applications , they do make extra investigations

a lot of people receive their extension soon and some are delayed and delayed . I know every case is different but again this is the worst ever wait

I have applied 30th September and will be finishing 11 weeks tomorrow. no letter from HO other then Biometrics

every time I ring the helpline and I have been told that it is in process and I need to continue to wait

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:10 pm

its anyone's guess.

tejalondon

Post by tejalondon » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:11 pm

i went for a same day service at croydon centre.

tejalondon

Post by tejalondon » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:16 am

Hi,

Turns out that a set of 9 questions were emailed by the case worker to the level 1 user in my company on the same day of my one day appointment service.

Due to december holiday times and christmas breaks, they saw the email on the 30th and replied to the questions by post on the 10th day. which is the 3rd.

Do you know in cases like this, how long does it take before i can hear back from them, now that the information is posted.

If this extension application goes rejected for some strange reason ( what time line would i get to reapply or seek a new sponsoror? ). ( the 28 days RLMT test is what i am worried about, if things should go south). fingers crossed.

Thanks.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:36 am

If the visa is rejected:
if your visa is already expired, then u have 14 days to either apply using a new cos from same company or a new company. After that u will have to leave the country. If you leave the country, u have 1 year cooling off time before you can apply again to come to uk.
If you still have leave, then u can stay till the leave is valid and apply before your leave expires with a new cos.

tejalondon

Post by tejalondon » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:55 am

Update:

One of my colleagues in the same company, applied for an extension via priority service and he got his approved. I am not sure, why they held mine back.

The initial extension appln was made on 15th dec 2016 via same day service and a reply to some set of questions was sent on the 3rd Jan 2017. At this point can i call or email them for an update ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:00 pm

Did you have a big jump in salary shortly before applying for ILR in order to meet the £35k salary requirement?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by hassanh » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:33 pm

Did you have a big jump in salary shortly before applying for ILR in order to meet the £35k salary requirement?
Hi CR001,

OP applied for extension and not for ILR.

Thanks,
Hassan

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:37 pm

hassanh wrote:
Hi CR001,

OP applied for extension and not for ILR.

Thanks,
Hassan
Thanks, getting confused as been up since 5am! :?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tejalondon

Post by tejalondon » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:27 am

I was on 22k for about 2 years, 23k for 6 months prior and applied extension for 31K.

Can i call the Home office for an update. ? What are the grounds on which this application can be rejected ? thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:33 am

tejalondon wrote:I was on 22k for about 2 years, 23k for 6 months prior and applied extension for 31K.

Can i call the Home office for an update. ? What are the grounds on which this application can be rejected ? thanks.
What was the justification for such a substantial salary increase and how soon before extension did you get the increase?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

tejalondon

Post by tejalondon » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:02 pm

The company cited i am more experienced as i have 3 years covered, and they didn't want to lose staff, as i am already covering various projects.

there was a jump from 23K to 31K at the time of application though. again, thats madatory as per the soc code for an extension application, it is 29.5 K for my soc code. But i was promised a much bigger pay rise from early on. Thanks.

tejalondon

Post by tejalondon » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:49 am

called home office today for application enquiries, said the application is under progress. no further update.