ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General Sponsorship Extending

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

maqsood.alig
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General Sponsorship Extending

Post by maqsood.alig » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:45 pm

Hi,

I have slightly complicated situation. Kindly ask your opinion on this.

My current company sponsored me for 3 years. My visa is expiring in July 2017. Due to some circumstances initially, I joined the company in September 2014 and the project is expected to end in August 2017. So I do not have the permission to stay in this country for August 2017.

My employer is trying to extend this just for a month. My question is how much does it cost? Is it same as for 3 years of sponsorship cost or less? I spoke the HR and they told me that I will be given COS not before than three months expiring the VISA that is in April.

I am expecting to receive another sponsorship from a new employer, but the project will start in September 2017. Still not sure when the COS will be provided.

Do I need to apply two times at home office for extending my VISA and for a new employer? Is it not possible to just apply for the new employer sponsorship and stay in this country for 1 month? And also I have to pay two times the VISA fees that too for extending just one month in earlier case. I do not know exactly what to do.

Could you please advise me what is the best possible way to go ahead.

Thanks
Maqs