ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

28-Day Rule for Bank Statements/Payslips - FLR(M) extension

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

eml1988
Newly Registered

28-Day Rule for Bank Statements/Payslips - FLR(M) extension

Post by eml1988 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:33 am

Hello,

My current spousal visa, the first one in my 5-year route to ILR, expries on Sunday 23 April 2017. I have a premium appointment at the Croydon Premium Service Centre on Wednesday 29 March to submit my application for an extension.

I'm hoping to get advice about the 28 day rule for bank statements/payslips, as my husband and I have found the guidance notes regarding financial evidence to be confusing, and have seen conflicting information about this topic online. I'm finding us in a unique situation...

We are using my husbands income through his full-time, permanent employment to meet the financial requirement £18,600 - he exceeds this threshold significantly, and is paid monthly. His employer issues payslips electronically only, so we are having them printed and stamped by his employer and also having them provide an accompanying letter from their HR department including all details of his employment (role, length of service, salary, previous salary history, confirming pay slips are authentic, etc.).

What I can't get to the bottom of is the 28-day rule regarding financial documents. Since my appointment is 29 March, he won't have received his March payslip/salary deposit - this will happen on 31 March. The most current payslip we will have available at the time of our appointment will be from the Feburary 28th pay day - which sits outside the 28 day window by 2 days. However, the bank statement reflecting the salary deposit from February 28 will arrive mid-March, so it will be within the 28 day window for evidence.

Is this cause for concern? I'm conflicted because there is no additional pay slip available between Feb 28 and our appointment. Are the 6 months worth of payslips and bank statements covering mid-September through mid-March and a letter from his employer enough to suffice? I would hate for our application to be rejected because of a small technicality with dates not aligning.

Any advice/guidance gratefully received!

SoHopeful

Re: 28-Day Rule for Bank Statements/Payslips - FLR(M) extens

Post by SoHopeful » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:33 pm

The most recent financial documents have to be within 28 days of whenever the application was paid for. That's what I recall reading that back in 2013 and have stuck to that with my husband's extension done same day last year and had no issues. I can't remember how long between payment and appointment but no more than a few weeks I believe.