ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Refusal and Missing document sent to Sheffield.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

phamthu0208
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa Refusal and Missing document sent to Sheffield.

Post by phamthu0208 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:23 am

Hi all, I am new here and recently apply for my wife to come over here. We have been together for 4 years. Our situation is as below and would appreciate any advice or course of action to follow>

We submit our online application and submit the following documents in Vietnam:
- Her passport, TB test, photos, and the print out application form.
I also submit/send all other supporting documents (finance, English, relationship etc) to Sheffield right after she submitted her documents in Vietnam.

A week later we received a letter of refusal from home office, it clearly stated that we did not submitted all supporting documents I sent to Sheffield.

I have done the following:
1. Send them a letter asking where the documents are with proof of delivery and received at Sheffield.
2. Send them an email asking where the documents are with proof of delivery and received at Sheffield.
3. Asking local MP to chase them up asking where the documents are. (they got back to MP after 2 long weeks only to say why dont we apply for an appeal!. I told the MP that they need to tell me if they have my documents, the MP said it might be another 2 weeks before they get back to them.)

We received the letter of refusal on 20th May. We have the right to appeal (the deadline to submit this is 17th June).

So the question is, should I file an appeal that could take over six months, or should I file a fresh application and costing me another £1300. And I also need to get back my original documents since I sent it to Sheffield and they did not give me any respond at all?

Any help would be gladly appreciated.
Thanks
Van

phamthu0208
Newly Registered

Re: Spouse Visa Refusal and Missing document sent to Sheffie

Post by phamthu0208 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:29 pm

Does anyone have any fast way to contact the UKVI regarding this issue, a way to make them answer me quickly?. As the appeal time is drawing near, any help would be gladly appreciated.

Johnson3333
Newly Registered

Post by Johnson3333 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:05 pm

Hi @phamthu0208. Is there any update on your missing document. I've got exactly the same problem and I've been trying to reach them,but no response yet. Could you please share how u went about the situation. Thanks

micky_ukhunter
Newly Registered

Post by micky_ukhunter » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:27 pm

Hi @phamthu0208,

Need your advise! I'm a UK citizen and my wife is Vietnamese. I want to bring her over to UK but not sure what the procedure are? Please let me know how to apply for spouse applications.

I’ve been doing a lot of research on Google, Gov.co.uk and been to local Citizen adviser but seem to be no one to know and understand the procedure, it is very confusing, not clear of how or where to start from.

Kindly advise what is procedure and the following as it is not clear from any of the guidance on the UKVI website nor the visa application centres.

My first question is whether sponsor’s supporting documents are to be submitted to Sheffield or sent to the applicant to be presented together with their passport and online form for the country - Spouse settlement visa applied for from Vietnam.

My second question is where to send supporting documents? what is the correct Sheffield address to be sent to? there are so many Sheffield address on the GOV.UK website so not sure which one is correct. Don’t want send all documents to a wrong address.

List below on request and completed
(all documents must be originals unless certified)

Sponsor: List of documents required from husband in UK below:
1. Employment letter – Available
2. Bank statements monthly income (last 6 months) – Available
3. Wage slips (last 6 months) - Available
4. Banks tax statements - Available
5. Original Passport (including previous expired) - Available
6. Passport size photo x2 - Available
7. P60 statements - Available
8. Bank savings statement - Available
9. Employees letter - Available
10. All photographs (including spent time with family and friends) - Available
11. All communications (emails, Viber, What’s app, Facebook, postcard, letter, etc..) – Available
12. Marriage certificates in Vietnamese original copy – - Available (Will get this translate in English)
13. Wedding invitation cards & plans - Available
14. Proof of address – Available
15. Parents letter to say that the spouse’s wife can live in the property – Available on request?
16. Cover letter explain how the relationship started – Available
17. A reference letter from friends witnesses – Available on request?
18. Flight Travel tickets & Hotels detail receipts from visits – Available

Applicant: - List of documents required from my wife in Vietnam
1. Photocopy of passport – Available
2. Passport size photo x2 - Available
3. Education certificates - if required?
4. English Language tests (IELTS life skills A1) – Register to take a test
5. Tuberculosis testing in Vietnam – Register to take a test
6. Criminal record report – if required?
7. Cover letter of relationship - if required?
8. Application for UK visa for family settlement: form VAF4A – (see below)
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... form-vaf4a

Family settlement application form VAF4A form:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... /VAF4A.pdf - (see form)

APPENDIX 2 (VAF 4A DECEMBER 2013) FINANCIAL REQUIREMENT FORM:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... endix2.pdf - (see form)

Can you advise and point out if there anything else missing from the list above that need to support too please?

Your help is appreciated..

Thanks in advance